Poll: Do you have a rattle or two?
I have 1 rattle
I have 2 rattles
I have more then 2 rattles
I had a rattle,but they fixed it.
I have NO rattles. (Complete silence)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Have you got a rattle or two?
PhilSkill

RE: Have you got a rattle or two?

(04-05-2012 04:03pm)Donny Dog Wrote:  Is it just me, but every time I see this thread title I start singing it in Fagin's voice.....you've gotta have a rattle or two-oo....?Embarrassed

Me too now! thanks for that Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
04-05-2012 11:14pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
benzina

Shocked....a fair percentage of rattles so far...of the 39 examples so far, basically half have come out of the factory with a rattle (or two).

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2012 04:30am by benzina.)
05-05-2012 01:46am
benzina

Bump up this important thread for anyone not yet voted. Cheers Thumbs Up

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2012 02:00pm by benzina.)
10-05-2012 02:40am
J77

I have just developed a rattle from where the dash meets the trim on the A pillar, other than that it is fine.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
03-06-2012 05:12pm
benzina

(03-06-2012 05:12pm)J77 Wrote:  I have just developed a rattle from where the dash meets the trim on the A pillar, other than that it is fine.

This particular rattle (friction really) that you speak of, may very well be the other one i had, but it's easily detected and fixed. (I did not include it in my rattle vote because i found it, and fixed it quickly and easily).
Easy test and detection.
Whilst driving along,i pressed and exerted pressure against the base of the interior A-pillar trim, it immediately stopped, so i knew i found it. You can also get a very small rubber wedge (like a really small door stop) to stick in the gap there as a temporary hands free tester if you like.
I urge everyone who hears a friction like sound, rattle or buzz coming from around this area, to do the test.

My fix worked.
I carefully sprayed some silicone synthetic lubricant,(using the small tube supplied with the can), down the join gap line where the base of the A-pillar trim meets the dash top and the window. I also sprayed some into the grill of the A-Pillar side air vent, aiming toward that join area from the inside too.

I have NOT heard any friction noises from the A pillars ever since,so this tells me it's either coming from the gap where A-pillar trim meets the dash top,or where the Base of the A-pillar trim touches the windscreen.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My one and only actual rattle (like a wire tapping against metal) is at the left rear corner of the car, and it will be going in this week as a third attempt at fixing it. Hopefully third time lucky, and i can undo my one rattle vote, and put it in the ''I had a rattle ,but they fixed it'' column.

(This post was last modified: 21-10-2013 02:01am by benzina.)
04-06-2012 02:31am
benzina

(04-05-2012 02:54am)benzina Wrote:  Lets get a gauge on how many Evoques owners are (or not) experiencing a rattle or two, when traveling in silence mode... (windows up / no music).
This will be an interesting and important poll,as we have a good cross-section of new Evoque's worldwide, and i hope LD will be looking on with interest,because this result is about the quality control checking at the end of the production line.

1. I have 1 rattle
2. I have 2 rattles
3. I have more then 2 rattles
4. I had a rattle, but they fixed it
5. I have NO rattles (Complete silence)

NOTE: If you do have a rattle, please let us know by posting where you think it's coming from. Also, if your rattle issue is eventually resolved, the poll allows you to undo your vote,and then place it in the ''I had a rattle,but they fixed it'' column.

My single rattle is coming from the left rear corner shelf compartment, where the fuse box and seatbelt winding mechanism is located. It sounds like a wire slightly tapping against metal.
Now that i'm sure where it's coming from,it looks like i'm going to have to get the dealer take the side boot lining panel off (as it looks a bit tricky to do myself), and then we'll get the bugger.

GREAT NEWS!!! My rattle status has changed, and i'm in the ''I HAD A RATTLE,BUT THEY FIXED IT COLUMN''!! My single rattle has been found and resolved!!!....
After a third attempt at my dealers, and process of elimination , today was the day, and in the end, it turned out to be easy to get to,and easy to fix.
It was NOT inside the left rear corner compartment as first thought.....It was a clip that holds wires running along inside the LEFT REAR ROOF LINING. In this case it was located ( hatch door open) , through the top left door seal /roof lining (See pic below)
This particular clip was NOT fastened,and as such, was tapping against some metal.
After the technician explained where he found the problem, i test drove it to be sure it was gone, and yup, i just could not believe it, it's gone!!! I'm so happy.
If your one of the unlucky ones who have a rattle,but you end up resolving it,you can undo your rattle vote,and put your vote in the " I had a rattle but they fixed it'' column. I am thrilled to say, i'm in this column now. This is a BIG WIN for me, as i'm very sensative to noise.

The unsecured clip was found in here....
[Image: rattlefrictionlocations001.jpg]

NOTE : Complements must also go to the dealership service over this matter....they were fantastic!!

(This post was last modified: 13-07-2012 06:28am by benzina.)
08-06-2012 10:19am
Barneyridge

(08-06-2012 10:19am)benzina Wrote:  GREAT NEWS!!! My rattle status has changed, and i'm in the ''I HAD A RATTLE,BUT THEY FIXED IT COLUMN''!! My single rattle has been found and resolved!!!....
After a third attempt at my dealers, and process of elimination, today was the day, and in the end, it turned out to be easy to get to,and easy to fix.
It was a clip that holds wires running along inside the rear left roof lining. In this case it was located ( hatch door open) , through the top left door seal /roof lining (See pic below)
This particular clip was NOT be fastened,and as such, was tapping against some metal.
After the technician explained where he found the problem, i test drove it to be sure it was gone, and yup, i just could not believe it, it's gone!!! I'm so happy.
If your one of the unlucky ones who have a rattle,but you end up resolving it,you can undo your rattle vote,and put your vote in the " I had a rattle but they fixed it'' column. I am thrilled to say, i'm in this column now. This is a BIG WIN for me, as i'm very sensative to noise.

NOTE : Complements must also go to the dealership service over this matter....they were fantastic!!

Excellent, might have a look at mine when I get back from holidays.

Pure TD4, Fiji, Auto, Pan Roof + Extras - Delivered Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2012 04:01am by Barneyridge.)
11-06-2012 04:01am
chiggy

(08-06-2012 10:19am)benzina Wrote:  GREAT NEWS!!! My rattle status has changed, and i'm in the ''I HAD A RATTLE,BUT THEY FIXED IT COLUMN''!! My single rattle has been found and resolved!!!....
After a third attempt at my dealers, and process of elimination, today was the day, and in the end, it turned out to be easy to get to,and easy to fix.
It was a clip that holds wires running along inside the rear left roof lining. In this case it was located ( hatch door open) , through the top left door seal /roof lining (See pic below)
This particular clip was NOT fastened,and as such, was tapping against some metal.

That's awesome news! glad its now back to perfection and quietness haha!

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
21-06-2012 07:30am
andyo

(04-05-2012 12:10pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  I've got a rattle coming from inside the headlining around the sun visors or where the overhead interior lights and TV reception contraption are - when sitting in the driver's seat it sounds like it is coming from the centre of the car above but when in the passenger seat it sounds like it is coming from directly above the driver!

Not mentioned it to my local Dealer to get fixed yet - it is much more noticeable above 50 mph and I'm mostly doing short local trips. It can be intensely annoying though so does need to be sorted. I'd do it myself but unsure of how to access the area above - have the panoramic roof too.

I had exactly the same rattle and have just had it fixed at Hunters of Norwich. It turned out to be above drivers head and was the sat nat receiver that had become detached. Hunters did a very professional and quick turn around. Its very pleasing to be rattle free.
29-09-2012 01:48pm
tetstb

Anybody's centre console started to creak yet ?

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
29-09-2012 06:28pm