Poll: Do you have a rattle or two?
I have 1 rattle
I have 2 rattles
I have more then 2 rattles
I had a rattle,but they fixed it.
I have NO rattles. (Complete silence)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Have you got a rattle or two?
Nichu010

RE: Have you got a rattle or two?

Update..
so, its been 2 and half years and they still couldn't figure out where the rattle is coming from.. after more than 15 visits to the repair shop, and perhaps more than 20 days, where the car has been there, still the rattle is there with a vengeance. the service centre in my town has been awesome, nothing much they can do i think.. we have gone through the whole process..
1, checked roof line and fixed screws
2. changed the console
3. used the special rattle kit.
4. and in last visit, took the front windshield off and checked there( in the process, broke the windscreen which they had to replace)
It was all fine and it came back in a month... now just eating my head all the time when i drive it.. my kids rattle toy wouldn't make this noise..
They suspect it could be from A BONUS PART, which some times happen, apparently..
JLR, i dont want that bonus part.. plz take it away and keep for yourself..
Meanwhile, i found a fix.... garage my evoque and drive my wife's cheap VW polo, which is smooth and nice..
I wouldn't recommend this car to anyone..
ps: phew, my torque converter had a problem, so they had to replace it as well.. I had a second hand mazda before.. which never caused me any trouble... only had to visit dealership at time of service..
15-05-2016 12:36am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
J. Dub

I fixed the rattle in my sun glass holder / trim panel around sunglass holder myself. I took it out of the headliner and removed the unneccesary heavy plastic covering the board. tightened the screws. Now no more noise.

In memory of Robert E. Flynn
28-10-2016 09:48pm
PhilSkill

I've had a rattle in what I thought was the rear door card, it was intermittent and usually started after using the rear door.

I was clipping the rear seats back when I noticed some very flexible bits of plastic trim, so I've wedged some folded post-it notes around the trim and absolute silence!

now... best way to sort it properly...?

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
13-11-2016 11:04pm
IvorRedOne

I must have bought one that was made on Tuesday when the Workers were Sober. Had mine 5 years now, 32k miles and still on my first set of tyres with 2.2mm of tread left. No complaints from me.
03-01-2017 10:05pm
KaDargo

(13-11-2016 11:04pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  I've had a rattle in what I thought was the rear door card, it was intermittent and usually started after using the rear door.

I was clipping the rear seats back when I noticed some very flexible bits of plastic trim, so I've wedged some folded post-it notes around the trim and absolute silence!

now... best way to sort it properly...?
I thought it may be my seat belt, but I'll have to try that !
Also, passenger door speaker, all windows intermittently, and yesterday the missus complained that the seat belt anchor started rattling.
Had my previous Ford 9 years and not a squeak - grrrr!

SD4 Prestige, Mauritius, Element, Cirrus Headlining, Pana Roof, Park Assist, Heated Steering Wheel,Blind Spot monitor, 20" Alloys, Powered Tailgate
04-01-2017 05:54pm
PhilSkill

My post-it notes are still in and the "Door Card" Rattle has never returned, forgotten they are there, even been for MOT with them fitted Laughing

I've had the passenger seat belt anchor rattle and that currently has Cardboard folded in the trim!

Latest "complaint" has been the passenger A Pillar window clearing vent is blowing a bit too much cold and causing SWMBO to complain the side of her head is always in a cold draught! Think it's only when outside temps are low.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
04-01-2017 10:25pm
benzina

Here's a GREAT TIP i recently found for us all, regarding general interior friction buzz rattle sounds.....it seriously worked for me.

Over some time i started getting some interior friction buzz sounds, so i coated the rubber door seals with quality silicone spray.
In short, this 8 year old EVO is as perfectly quiet as when i drove it out of the showroom.....the silicone stopped everything in one go, and now the interior is completely quiet over every surface.

I urge everyone that has these issues to try this, because perhaps whoever has been cleaning your car, may be using a product on the rubber door seals that create the problem... i now know this was the case for me.

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 21-05-2020 01:21am by benzina.)
21-05-2020 01:17am