Poll: Do you have a rattle or two?
I have 1 rattle
I have 2 rattles
I have more then 2 rattles
I had a rattle,but they fixed it.
I have NO rattles. (Complete silence)
[Show Results]
Note: This is a public poll; other users will be able to see what you voted for.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
Have you got a rattle or two?
benzina

Have you got a rattle or two?

Lets get a gauge on how many Evoques are, (or not) experiencing a rattle or two when traveling in silence mode... (windows up / no music).
This will be an interesting and important poll,as we have a good cross-section of new Evoque's worldwide. and may even help LD quality control checking at the end of the production line.

1. I have 1 rattle
2. I have 2 rattles
3. I have more then 2 rattles
4. I had a rattle, but they fixed it
5. I have NO rattles (Complete silence)

NOTE: If you do have a rattle, please let us know by posting where you think it's coming from. Also, if your rattle issue is eventually resolved, the poll allows you to undo your vote,and then place it in the ''I had a rattle,but they fixed it'' column.

NOTE : If you eventually find the source of your rattle, please post a picture of the location, and provide as much details as you can in this thread. This will document the solved rattles through experience,and may in turn help others find there rattle much quicker.

Their is also more discussion regarding this subject in the thread "Stopping the rattles'' see here... http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Stopping-the-rattles

2012 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5-Door / Indus / Black Roof / Vortex / AD / Style 7 Alloys / Panoramic Roof / Rear Vents / BSM / TPMS / Sat Nav
(This post was last modified: 29-03-2013 01:50pm by benzina.)
04-05-2012 02:54am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olde

RE: Have you got a rattle or two?

Buzz in dashboard, maybe a stray wire?

Whistle Our Petition to Improve the Evoque sent to Range Rover CEO, get your copy ---> HERE <---
04-05-2012 04:57am
BaringTech

Just the one rattle. There's a broken clip or screw inside the tailgate somewhere. I only hear it occasionally when going over a bump or cornering but it's really noticeable when you open and close the tailgate.

Mentioned it to the dealer during the post delivery follow-up telephone call but I'll probably leave it until the first service to get it sorted.

Prestige SD4 5-door Auto Santorini Black / Vibe

Ordered - 27/10/2011
Out of pool - 11/01/2012
Delivered - 01/03/2012 Very Happy

[Image: 120754.png]
04-05-2012 11:11am
Coolbanana

I've got a rattle coming from inside the headlining around the sun visors or where the overhead interior lights and TV reception contraption are - when sitting in the driver's seat it sounds like it is coming from the centre of the car above but when in the passenger seat it sounds like it is coming from directly above the driver!

Not mentioned it to my local Dealer to get fixed yet - it is much more noticeable above 50 mph and I'm mostly doing short local trips. It can be intensely annoying though so does need to be sorted. I'd do it myself but unsure of how to access the area above - have the panoramic roof too.

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
04-05-2012 12:10pm
broady43

(04-05-2012 04:57am)olde Wrote:  Buzz in dashboard, maybe a stray wire?

Or a BeeVery Happy

5 door Pure sd4 Tech Fuji with black roof, tinted windows, ebony seats, style 4 alloys, xenons, fogs,black grille.
Arrived 29/03/2012.
04-05-2012 01:01pm
PhilSkill

Front or rear passenger side door panel/mechanism, intermittent, today it was the worst i've heard it but all week before today it had been silent.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
04-05-2012 01:52pm
Gorjan

In the dashboard, left from the steering wheel (LHD), inside the dashboard. It was some plastic that held together thins in the dashboard and it was fixed on the second cisit to the service.

Other than that several rattles from different points which i still cannot pin poibt exactly.. Might be the door panels or seat belt holder (where the height of the seat belt is adjusted).

Colima Lime TD4 Pure.
Tech Pack, Pano roof, Auto....
04-05-2012 03:57pm
Donny Dog

Is it just me, but every time I see this thread title I start singing it in Fagin's voice.....you've gotta have a rattle or two-oo....?Embarrassed
04-05-2012 04:03pm
tetstb

Rear drivers door, rattle from inside almost like window isn't restrained properly. Drivers seatbelt mount, almost like the inertia roller as the seatbelt doesn't recoil very well either. Slight rattle from behind dash , probably a cable but most annoying is coming from the rear drivers side somewhere that they cannot find.

All in all I have a lot of general rattles when driving on uneven surfaces but I don't think thats unusual.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
04-05-2012 06:46pm
Claud

(04-05-2012 12:10pm)Coolbanana Wrote:  I've got a rattle coming from inside the headlining around the sun visors or where the overhead interior lights and TV reception contraption are - when sitting in the driver's seat it sounds like it is coming from the centre of the car above but when in the passenger seat it sounds like it is coming from directly above the driver!

Not mentioned it to my local Dealer to get fixed yet - it is much more noticeable above 50 mph and I'm mostly doing short local trips. It can be intensely annoying though so does need to be sorted. I'd do it myself but unsure of how to access the area above - have the panoramic roof too.

Coolbanana, I have exactly the same rattle. My son helped me locate it to around the passenger sun visor. I also have one in the speedo area, a light buzz.

[Image: 118733.png]
2013 Discovery HSE Luxury Corris Grey
Sold - 2011 Evoque SD4 Prestige, Auto, Magnaride, Orkney Grey, Lux Pack, TPMS, Heated Steering Wheel
2010 Freelander SD4
1997 Defender 90 XD Wolf (ex Ghurkas)
1991 Defender County 110 V8
1959 Series II
1953 Series I
1952 Minerva Ambulance
04-05-2012 10:55pm