Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
caroline11000

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

(28-10-2011 03:27pm)alibeau Wrote:  Unbelievable.....

Not wanting to add to your misery but I do think it's pretty appalling to find out at such a late stage. Hope you have a great holiday and as you say, hopefully it will take your mind off things for a while Wink

Ali.
Thank Ali Very Happy

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
28-10-2011 03:40pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(28-10-2011 03:18pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  Finally got the dreaded phone call............... my car has NOT gone into build today! Been delayed until........... anyone's guess!
Nothing mentioned about delays due to xenons or pan roof but now there is apparently 'steering' problems and both Evoques & Freelanders are affected. My dealer says LR are changing all order dates around at the moment on the order system & he will update me on Monday hopefully if he gets any more information from LR. Can't say I'm shocked as I knew in the back of my mind it was coming. SadSadSadSad
Anyway I am going on holiday on Monday for 15 days so that should take my mind off this disappointment for a bit!Confused

Unbelievable - how can they still be shuffling build dates at this point?!
28-10-2011 04:21pm
bluebear

It is truly ridiculous. I'm not going to be at all happy if mine is delayed yet again, in fact why don't we start a thread titled 'What Car are you going to buy when you finally get fed up waiting for the Evoque?'

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
28-10-2011 04:58pm
VJD

My condolences Caroline, I was imagining our cars progressing through the line together... I hope my dealer really did get confirmation from LR that mine goes into build on Monday, because to some extent I had the impression that he was just telling me what I wanted to hear so that I would stop bothering him! And the thing about steering sounds ominous...Rolling Eyes
28-10-2011 05:00pm
griff

I with you Caroline. My car is due 10 Nov having been put back yet again.
This is a crazy way to buy a car.

Arrived: SD4 Prestige Auto Coupe with Lux pack. Ipanema Sand with Black Panoramic Roof
Ambience Interior with Macassa wood.

Now a Jag XFR Kyanite Blue - wow what power.
At home and superb.
28-10-2011 05:05pm
caroline11000

(28-10-2011 05:00pm)VJD Wrote:  My condolences Caroline, I was imagining our cars progressing through the line together... I hope my dealer really did get confirmation from LR that mine goes into build on Monday, because to some extent I had the impression that he was just telling me what I wanted to hear so that I would stop bothering him! And the thing about steering sounds ominous...Rolling Eyes
Thanks, I really hope you don't get the same outcome as me and an ever increasing number of forum members! Please let us know the hopefully good news Monday (got to stay positive)!
The thing is my sales manager and the rest of the team are great guys and from what I gather they are pretty much in the dark also and as frustrated as us!

(28-10-2011 05:05pm)griff Wrote:  I with you Caroline. My car is due 10 Nov having been put back yet again.
This is a crazy way to buy a car.
my fingers (& toes) are crossed!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
(This post was last modified: 28-10-2011 05:22pm by caroline11000.)
28-10-2011 05:21pm
lulu101

Very frustrating news for you Caroline! but have a wonderful holiday and maybe there will be an update when you get back Confused

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
28-10-2011 05:52pm
caroline11000

(28-10-2011 05:52pm)lulu101 Wrote:  Very frustrating news for you Caroline! but have a wonderful holiday and maybe there will be an update when you get back Confused
Thanks Lulu, I kind of knew it was coming! Any dates for yours yet?

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Got car 9th Dec 11
28-10-2011 06:00pm
hybris

My advice? Check a Plan B. (other car)

Order of Evoque Dynamic cancelled due to delays and no information on delivery date. Wish you all the best of luck and hope you will receive your cars soon. Its a lovely car! Many thanks for all great answers and feedback on this forum! Take care! Cheers! /Hybris
28-10-2011 08:13pm
Tokenbod

Original; accepted build date 28/10/11, delivery date 11/11/11.
New; build date 02/11/11, delivery date 28/11/11
Banging Head

Sd4 Prestige COLIMA LIME couture interior 3 door Wink
28-10-2011 08:24pm