Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.33 Average
Has your build/delivery date been put back?
is21

RE: Has your build/delivery date been put back?

After being told today ("of course" only on my request, again!) that my delivery slipped again to "sometime" in January, I went there immediately and urged them to give me atleast a loaner (as described in the forum published-LR dealer message), which they finally accepted from November on.
I am still not amused, thoughRolling Eyes

TD4 Dynamic, Fuji, 5dr, Contrast-, Pano-roof, Xenon, Style6 alloys, Vortex, Ebony Headliner, Privacy,...-arrived
27-10-2011 02:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
caroline11000

(27-10-2011 10:06am)paulus599 Wrote:  Just back from holiday and had the dreaded call from my dealer:

Told that my car will be delayed by around 2 months! Very unhappy as I only found this out 2 days before the car was due to be in build. On top of that, I have already sold my car ready for delivery of the Evoque next week! Mad
OMG, you now have me really worried..... mine is due to go into build tomorrow and so far I have not heard of any delay from my dealer & I have been asking him to check every week or so. I have just sent out another e-mail asking him to confirm if it goes into build on time.............. so now a waiting game! Confused

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
27-10-2011 03:04pm
paulus599

Sorry Caroline I didn't want to upset you Sad I'd give him a call though just to put your mind at rest.

SD4 Prestige Coupe Auto, Fuji White, Pano roof, Park assist, Powered tailgate, Style 6 alloys, Element interior, Adaptive Dynamics. Build date: WAS 21/10/2011 Delivered 13/12/2011
Now: Evoque SD4 Coupe
Gone: TTS Roadster
Gone: Mini Cooper S
Gone: Mercedes SLK
27-10-2011 03:10pm
ajmooseman

(27-10-2011 03:04pm)caroline11000 Wrote:  OMG, you now have me really worried..... mine is due to go into build tomorrow and so far I have not heard of any delay from my dealer & I have been asking him to check every week or so. I have just sent out another e-mail asking him to confirm if it goes into build on time.............. so now a waiting game! Confused

Caroline keep nagging them, after the slip's in my delivery I've asked the dealer to confirm it's status every step of the way now, I know I'll have to chase, but being car-less is no fun any more.

one plus side for you I've heard rumours of people with Pure's on order without Xenon's getting there car early, so fingers crossed.
27-10-2011 03:32pm
caroline11000

I will ring them tomorrow if they don't get back to me today. And I do have xenons on my order ajmooseman!

Pure 5dr SD4 Auto
Fuji, Ebony, Tech Pack, Pan Roof, Privacy Glass, Front Fogs, Park Assist, Rear Camera, Power-Fold Mirrors, Xenons & Spare Wheel
Got car 9th Dec 11
REJECTED car 9th Jan 12 - paint runs down doors & seals one side, obvious bad re-spray before delivery! Big Cry
New car arrived 31st March 12 Very Happy
27-10-2011 03:39pm
ajmooseman

Sorry Caroline, couldn;t see your sig when i was typing reply. Still you might be lucky, one of us have got to have some of it.
27-10-2011 03:47pm
RacingSnake

Have just heard back from my dealer, although I'm months off yet, I've not got a warm fuzzy feeling around the comment "The allocation of cars we were expecting has been significantly reduced, we need to hear from Land Rover what the ongoing supply plan is."

In reality I'm sitting here with no confirmed dates at all and just an 'estimated' date some point in the future, but I do like to have my expectations managed, and if my 5 month wait is about to become 7 or 8 months, then I want to know.

We'll see!
27-10-2011 04:21pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VJD

After a fair amount of badgering my dealer finally emailed me a copy of the Vista order printout today, showing that my build is scheduled to start tomorrow, like Caroline. Supposed to be finished by the 9th of November. (does 12MY Job 2 refer to the manufacturing batch?) However I've just noted that the printout (which has no VIN number) is actually from 3 October, so I suppose that there is still some risk that intervening events may have caused delay? Fingers crossed that this has not happened!
27-10-2011 05:47pm
mark_n

(27-10-2011 05:47pm)VJD Wrote:  However I've just noted that the printout (which has no VIN number) is actually from 3 October, so I suppose that there is still some risk that intervening events may have caused delay? Fingers crossed that this has not happened!

My build was due to start on 31/10 (Monday) but since 3 October, it's been delayed twice to 19 January. You may have escaped but if your build includes Xenons, pano roof and 5 doors, you might want to start thinking of Plan B. the chaos at Halewood continues.

(27-10-2011 04:21pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  I've not got a warm fuzzy feeling around the comment "The allocation of cars we were expecting has been significantly reduced, we need to hear from Land Rover what the ongoing supply plan is."

I don't think LR do warm fuzzies. Kicks in the teeth, no problem.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2011 06:14pm by mark_n.)
27-10-2011 06:12pm
paulelescoces

VJD, Mine also says "12MY Job 2".... no idea what this means, in my last update from my dealer from 5th October (which I chased) I got the Vista printout with the status "in pool". What do you have as the Status in the Vista printout?

aah, Mark... I also fit the description of 5 door pano roof with xenons.... fingers crossed Smile

Delivered: SD4 Prestige Auto 5 Door, Fuji White with Vibe interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Electric Tailgate, Winter Pack, Adaptive Xenons, Roofrails...
(This post was last modified: 27-10-2011 09:32pm by paulelescoces.)
27-10-2011 09:30pm