Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Got my VIN, but can not track the order
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Got my VIN, but can not track the order

AIS as fitted to ships works on VHF so the signal range is 30-40 miles from the coast which is why you "loose" the ship.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-11-2012 10:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
LonnyGer

(12-11-2012 09:49am)ADZ Wrote:  Awesome news. Almost time for you Smile I was also not able to track via wwl. My vehicle was not shipped through this line. Your best bet is to check with the dealer who will know on what ship your car will be. Then you are able to track the actual ship via http://www.marinetraffic.com
Just don't pull your hair out when the ship goes out of range for a few days and imagine all sorts of scenarios. I did...
Have fun watching the progress of your car as it slowly but surely makes its way to you.

Hey, thx for The congrats, I got the information today that the car is in Germany 2 1/2 truck hours away from the point I will pick it up. They have a central storage where all cars are delivered to, because they got a lot of local dealerships around Germany, I now just have to wait until it arrives at the local dealer, hopefully just a couple of days.

Don't have a confirmation, but I hope that I can pick up the car next week, lets wait Smile

The closer it gets, the harder it is! Smile

Ordered: 04.07.12
Build Date: 30.10.12
Day of collection: 28.11.12 ( the wait is almost overVery Happy)

Car Spec: 5d,OG,dynamic,Black Roof, fully loaded
12-11-2012 07:23pm
vcanals

Congrats LonnyGer. You will enjoy it a lot. I received mine on tuesday, and it´s hard to park it and go home Rolling Eyes I´m enjoying this car like no other previously. It´s amazing Very Happy

Ordered July 10th 2012- Dynamic ed4 Man 5 dr / Style 6 alloys / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Solar attenuating glass / Pursuit leather / Heated seats /auto dimming rear view mirror / Spare wheel
Delivered November 6th 2012 Very Happy

[Image: 161592.png]
12-11-2012 11:10pm
IKM

(12-11-2012 07:23pm)LonnyGer Wrote:  Hey, thx for The congrats, I got the information today that the car is in Germany 2 1/2 truck hours away from the point I will pick it up. They have a central storage where all cars are delivered to, because they got a lot of local dealerships around Germany, I now just have to wait until it arrives at the local dealer, hopefully just a couple of days.

Don't have a confirmation, but I hope that I can pick up the car next week, lets wait Smile

The closer it gets, the harder it is! Smile
Delighted for you. Look forward to your posts and commentary when deliveredVery Happy

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
12-11-2012 11:14pm
LonnyGer

Thx folks, once the car is delivered I will take a lot of pictures and open a thread to share my impressions with you !

13-11-2012 07:26am
ADZ

(12-11-2012 10:18am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  AIS as fitted to ships works on VHF so the signal range is 30-40 miles from the coast which is why you "loose" the ship.

Thanks Tim. In tracking my car over the last weekend before it was due to arrive in Durban I noticed that it was circling in front of East London port for hours. I emailed the Ports Authority in East London, in Durban as well as the shipping line to find out what the problem was (yes, I'm anal like that). To their credit, each of them responded and helped me out. Reason? High winds and swell.
Still, I got my baby more or less on time and every day I smile just knowing that it's mine. #HappinessismyEvoque
(13-11-2012 07:26am)LonnyGer Wrote:  Thx folks, once the car is delivered I will take a lot of pictures and open a thread to share my impressions with you !

Great stuff! I do so enjoy sharing everybody's excitement whilst waiting for delivery. Takes me back...
Enjoy the handover und viel Spass beim Fahren Very Happy

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
Ordered Feb 2012 Arrived: 26 July 2012 Loving it Smile
(This post was last modified: 13-11-2012 08:12am by ADZ.)
13-11-2012 08:11am
LonnyGer

(13-11-2012 08:11am)ADZ Wrote:  Thanks Tim. In tracking my car over the last weekend before it was due to arrive in Durban I noticed that it was circling in front of East London port for hours. I emailed the Ports Authority in East London, in Durban as well as the shipping line to find out what the problem was (yes, I'm anal like that). To their credit, each of them responded and helped me out. Reason? High winds and swell.
Still, I got my baby more or less on time and every day I smile just knowing that it's mine. #HappinessismyEvoque

Great stuff! I do so enjoy sharing everybody's excitement whilst waiting for delivery. Takes me back...
Enjoy the handover und viel Spass beim Fahren Very Happy

Haha you are a professional speaker of the German language Smile

Got an Email from the dealer telling me that I can expect the collection of the car in week 48 (starting 26th of November) even though it will arrive tomorrow, the reason for this is that they have no earlier date for the pre collection inspection at the garage, I'm quite pi**ed that they are not able to make a new car ready for collection by the end of next week, but what can I do. the car will have to wait for another 2 weeks wait even though its at the dealer Sad

13-11-2012 08:31pm
LonnyGer

Finally got the date for collection, it will be the 28th of November so next week Wednesday will be the day where a long wait is coming to an end Smile.

So excited Smile))

19-11-2012 04:59pm
Tulabb

(19-11-2012 04:59pm)LonnyGer Wrote:  Finally got the date for collection, it will be the 28th of November so next week Wednesday will be the day where a long wait is coming to an end Smile.

So excited Smile))

YAY! Finally!!

I will get my confirmation later this week but we are expecting it to be sat 1st dec!
Our car should arrive at the dealers end of this week and I can't collect until sat so it will have to be the 1st dec otherwise I could be collecting on the same date as you!
19-11-2012 05:07pm
ADZ

(19-11-2012 04:59pm)LonnyGer Wrote:  Finally got the date for collection, it will be the 28th of November so next week Wednesday will be the day where a long wait is coming to an end Smile.

So excited Smile))

Na, endlich!!!! Now the sleepless nights well and truly begin Cool
Please post pics as soon as you can tear yourself away from the driving...
(19-11-2012 05:07pm)Tulabb Wrote:  YAY! Finally!!

I will get my confirmation later this week but we are expecting it to be sat 1st dec!
Our car should arrive at the dealers end of this week and I can't collect until sat so it will have to be the 1st dec otherwise I could be collecting on the same date as you!

Great stuff! I remember those last few agonising days only too well. Post pics Smile

Fuji White Dynamic with contrast roof in black. SD4 5 door with lots of lovely stuff!
Ordered Feb 2012 Arrived: 26 July 2012 Loving it Smile
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2012 05:20pm by ADZ.)
19-11-2012 05:19pm