Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
PDI Question - Auto Fold Side Mirror on Engine Off
seejaneworkit

PDI Question - Auto Fold Side Mirror on Engine Off

I'm finally going to be picking up my new Evoque tomorrow and did some "light" reading of the manual to bide my time. The manual mentioned the ability to set your side mirrors to automatically fold when the engine is shut off, but read that the dealer must perform this setting as it isn't something that can be changed in the settings menus.

Does anyone have experience with this - should I call the dealer today while they're doing the PDI to request the setting before I pick it up? Living in LA we get a lot of ruthless combative parking neighbors and I want to avoid dings at all costs - making the Evoque as narrow as possible when its sitting still.

Jane
27-11-2012 10:07pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: PDI Question - Auto Fold Side Mirror on Engine Off

They can be set to Auto fold on locking in the setup yourself, I don't think you need or want to have it set for fold on engine off.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
27-11-2012 10:23pm
seejaneworkit

What?! you mean you lock your car when you leave it? hehe - Very logical answer. I think I had a gap in my thinking. I live in an area where locking at night isn't even a thought process for me, but its really the parking lots I'm worried about.

Thanks for the response!
27-11-2012 10:33pm
doug

(27-11-2012 10:33pm)seejaneworkit Wrote:  I live in an area where locking at night isn't even a thought process for me

Even if your RRE is parked in a private locked garage. If it's not locked the electrically systems won't fully shut down leaving the risk for draining what little charge the battery has.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
27-11-2012 11:19pm
seejaneworkit

Actually the car has minor battery draws regardless of the lock state. Items such as the keyless entry, car clock, alarm system all use battery. Try unplugging your battery and plugging it back in with the doors locked, you will still get resets.
27-11-2012 11:59pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Actually when you are further away from the car than one metre even the keyless will go to into sleep mode until you put the fob within a metre of the sensors. Hopefully the alarm system never goes to sleep!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
28-11-2012 12:45am
seejaneworkit

Hehe - right but even sleep mode doesn't mean off. It has to have some monitoring to recognize when the key is in proximity. The reality is, unless you're leaving your vehicle sitting for months, you aren't going to lose your ability to start the car just from its key off, lights off, parked state. However, you can severely harm your battery beyond reuse if you continually do leave it sitting as I've experienced with my motorcycles.
28-11-2012 02:43am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

There are several of us on the forum who leave our cars for between 6 weeks and 4 months undriven and use a battery maintainer or trickle charger - in my case as the car lives outside I use a daylight powered "solar" panel trickle charger - has worked OK for the last year apart from when the joint where the power cable out of the panel gave up and the battery was drained ............. but when LRA came out they got the car jump started no problem.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 28-11-2012 10:40am by XFullFatTim.)
28-11-2012 10:39am