Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
From the other side of the desk
Marc_1972

From the other side of the desk

Hi Everyone.

I work in sales at a Land Rover dealership and just wanted to give everybody an update.

We had a meeting yesterday with a senior member of management from Land Rover and we are now confidently informing our customers that they will receive there cars for March.

All the cars in the system will get them as planned, so any showing as January on the build date will receive them in January.

We even have some fresh build slots for March collection.

So all the rumours and stories doing the rounds just ignore them.

You will all be happy when you do finally collect the cars, everybody we follow up after handover is over the moon with them Very Happy
05-11-2011 02:35pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mactrack

RE: From the other side of the desk

Deleted.
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2012 02:37pm by mactrack.)
05-11-2011 02:46pm
bluebear

(05-11-2011 02:35pm)Marc_1972 Wrote:  Hi Everyone.

I work in sales at a Land Rover dealership and just wanted to give everybody an update.

We had a meeting yesterday with a senior member of management from Land Rover and we are now confidently informing our customers that they will receive there cars for March.

All the cars in the system will get them as planned, so any showing as January on the build date will receive them in January.

We even have some fresh build slots for March collection.

So all the rumours and stories doing the rounds just ignore them.

You will all be happy when you do finally collect the cars, everybody we follow up after handover is over the moon with them Very HappyK

Marc, what about all those of us with deliveries scheduled this side of Christmas, in my case this month?

Collected - Pure Coupe SD4 Tech Auto, fuji with Almond/Expresso interior. Style 5 19" alloys, panoramic roof, xenons, privacy glass, electric adjustment exterior mirrors, rear camera, park assist, fog lamps, spare wheel
05-11-2011 03:08pm
Marc_1972

Sorry i can't comment on other dealers stock, all i can say is the cars we had showing December will be delivered in December / January.

We do have some that went from November to February that are now confirmed as February due to the spec ordered.
05-11-2011 03:32pm
Urban Splash

Mine is showing as build in December but delivery in January....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
05-11-2011 03:35pm
ChuckieB

Good news if it's true!

Haven't got a build date and currently sitting in the holding pool. Where does that sit in the LR grand scheme of things with this new found confidence? January was just a stab in the dark by the dealer when I ordered during launch week back in Sept. Saw him this morning. Certainly no update that he could give!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
05-11-2011 03:36pm
mark_n

(05-11-2011 02:35pm)Marc_1972 Wrote:  So all the rumours and stories doing the rounds just ignore them.

I don't know what you are trying to say. Are you speaking for your dealership's allocation or LR UK in general? I am hardly going to ignore the fact that my delivery went out from 3 to 11 weeks, that's no rumour, that's no story, it's a fact.

Oh, and by the way, it's "their cars", not "there cars". The inability to write basic English is clearly no barrier to becoming a Land Rover salesman...

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
05-11-2011 04:00pm
Grah

Thanks Marc, that's reassuring information. What were the reasons they gave for the delays so far?
05-11-2011 04:03pm
Blackseries

(05-11-2011 03:32pm)Marc_1972 Wrote:  We do have some that went from November to February that are now confirmed as February due to the spec ordered.

Many thanks for the update. Whats in the spec that made them get delayed until Feb?

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
05-11-2011 04:04pm
Marc_1972

To try and answer some of the questions

Holding pool is orders that we have without build slots at the moment, but we are assured they will be delivered by March.

Spec delays would be Xenon headlights on Pure.

I don't have all the reasons as to why we had the delays only that Land Rover have dealt with them and we are able to tell you this.

Mark-n
I'm only trying to help people on here with information we have. My reference to stories was the delays are due to sunroofs popping out and weld issues amongst other things not being true.The allocation is group wise and all the dealers will be having this conversation with senior management in the next few days to then pass on to THEIR customers.

Appologies for my misunderstanding of "basic english"

The delays are beyond our control and we are just as frustrated by them but you will get your car and you will be delighted by it when you do.
05-11-2011 05:56pm