Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
From the other side of the desk
ChuckieB

RE: From the other side of the desk

Being in the holding pool is the worst of all worlds! You've got an order in but there's no formal timtable to get it into production? In the meantime there could very well be people leapfrogging you!

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
05-11-2011 06:16pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

Is there a general 'Holding Pool' or does each dealer have it's own 'Holding Pool'. I'm beginning to think that I should actually order from the worst dealer out there as you would get to be No1 in their Holding Pool!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
05-11-2011 06:40pm
Evo-king

(05-11-2011 05:56pm)Marc_1972 Wrote:  To try and answer some of the questions

Holding pool is orders that we have without build slots at the moment, but we are assured they will be delivered by March.

Spec delays would be Xenon headlights on Pure.

I don't have all the reasons as to why we had the delays only that Land Rover have dealt with them and we are able to tell you this.

Marc_1972 thanks for your input. Good to see someone from LR taking time to talk to us.

I have two follow up questions. By holding pool, do you mean customers who have placed orders with our dealer or dealer orders placed with the factory, as part of their allocation, whatever that is. Also for those of us who have ordered Pure's without xenons because of the option list deletion, are we likely to get the opportunity to add them now as an option.

Appreciate that you may not be in a position to give an answer from a legal perspective, but any reply would be appreciated.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
05-11-2011 06:41pm
ChuckieB

(05-11-2011 06:40pm)cjfp Wrote:  Is there a general 'Holding Pool' or does each dealer have it's own 'Holding Pool'. I'm beginning to think that I should actually order from the worst dealer out there as you would get to be No1 in their Holding Pool!

I bet there could even be a separate holding pool for those of us that have ordered Firenze!Shocked

---------------------------------
Firenze SD4 Prestige Man Eb/Iv AD Keyless Powered Tailgate Roof Rails
Delivered 17/2/2012!

Other '05 Cliosport 182 FF
05-11-2011 06:49pm
PAT

Marc thanks for taking the time to come on here and share this information Thumbs Up

Hopefully LR are now getting on top of things and fingers crossed all of the other dealerships relay this info to their customers.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
05-11-2011 09:02pm
lulu101

(05-11-2011 06:16pm)ChuckieB Wrote:  Being in the holding pool is the worst of all worlds! You've got an order in but there's no formal timtable to get it into production? In the meantime there could very well be people leapfrogging you!

Exactly!!! I paid my deposit in July and am still in the holding pool Sad

Delivered , Pure 5 door in fuji , SD4 Auto, 19" style 4 sparkle wheels, almond/espresso interior, tech pack, xenon headlights, fog lamps, rear camera, park assist, folding mirrors and mats, and last minute addition of Privacy Glass Very Happy
05-11-2011 11:45pm
ED209

(05-11-2011 11:45pm)lulu101 Wrote:  Exactly!!! I paid my deposit in July and am still in the holding pool Sad

June for me, so wait your bloody turn Very Happy
05-11-2011 11:48pm
Acwats

(05-11-2011 04:00pm)mark_n Wrote:  I don't know what you are trying to say. Are you speaking for your dealership's allocation or LR UK in general? I am hardly going to ignore the fact that my delivery went out from 3 to 11 weeks, that's no rumour, that's no story, it's a fact.

Oh, and by the way, it's "their cars", not "there cars". The inability to write basic English is clearly no barrier to becoming a Land Rover salesman...

There's that school teacher again..... Bit harsh Mark, having a good grasp of English and, either the desire or care to use it on this forum does not invalidate the contribution or opinion of the author.

There's numerous posts on here every day with incorrect use of the apostrophe for the use of the possessive "its" but you never pick up Tim or others for it.

Diversity is a good thing, selection based on intellect is not.

MY16 HSE Dynamic Scotia Grey with Lunar/Ice Interior. 508's, Pano Roof, Privacy, Auto Tailgate, Heated s/wheel, spare
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2011 12:03am by Acwats.)
05-11-2011 11:53pm
PAT

(05-11-2011 11:45pm)lulu101 Wrote:  Exactly!!! I paid my deposit in July and am still in the holding pool Sad

Your dealer should be able to tell you where on the list you are in their holding pool (I'm 17th after paying deposit on 10 Aug) and based on their Evoque allocation they should be able to give you an idea, albeit roughly, when they expect to place the order.

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
05-11-2011 11:56pm
mark_n

(05-11-2011 05:56pm)Marc_1972 Wrote:  The allocation is group wise and all the dealers will be having this conversation with senior management in the next few days to then pass on to THEIR customers.

Seems you are more diligent than my dealer in keeping your customers informed. Whatever discussions my dealer is having with LR, I will be very surprised if they give me update without me asking.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-11-2011 05:53am