Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
From the other side of the desk
xxxx5

RE: From the other side of the desk

+1

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
16-11-2011 09:54pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PAT

Here, here Exclamation

Current: Si4 - HSE Dynamic Lux - Corris Grey with Black Pano - Adaptive Dynamics - ATPC - Adaptive LED Headlights - Privacy Glass - Style 508's - Heated Steering Wheel - Spare Wheel - Ebony Headlining
Previous: Si4 - Dynamic 5 Door - Lux - Orkney Grey with Black Pano
16-11-2011 10:19pm
gomark

Big plus 1

17-11-2011 06:03pm
WB
WB

Just took a look and Marc_1972 has made 3 posts on this thread and spent a total of 46 minutes on the forum all on the same day so I guess we might not be hearing any more from him...
17-11-2011 06:33pm
LDT

(17-11-2011 06:33pm)wbessada Wrote:  Just took a look and Marc_1972 has made 3 posts on this thread and spent a total of 46 minutes on the forum all on the same day so I guess we might not be hearing any more from him...

I would not be surprised if we don't hear from Marc again - some of the posts have been quite negative/inflammatory/rude. I wonder if I would bother if I were him. I would probably only respond to courteous/friendly queries, and ignore the stroppy ones, but he may take the view it is not worth his precious time! Could we blame him??

Prestige SD4 Auto, Ipanema/Ambience, Style 4 Wheels, Pan Roof, Privacy, Dimming Mirror, High Beam Assist, Surround Cameras, Spare Wheel, Mud Flaps.
[Image: 116286.png]
17-11-2011 06:43pm
3VOQU3

Its a shame marc left.. fair enough too..

but LR's lack of communication to the dealerships is nothing short of disgusting.. Tell people what's happening and they will be more understanding.. having holding pools, delays and dates pushing back months is just poor form..

No doubt people will be very happy with their car's when they finally arrive, but as Evoque is apparently the first entry into the LR brand for a very large percentage of customers what type of taste are they leaving in people's mouths?
18-11-2011 07:44am
mark_n

It's obviously good news that people tend to be pleased with their/there/they're (choose your preference) cars when they finally arrive but there's some evidence they then go soft in the head, cosy up to the dealer and forget what a dismal experience they've had getting there. Even after you take delivery, the dealers will remain the same band of old dogs who really don't care one jot.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
(This post was last modified: 18-11-2011 08:12am by mark_n.)
18-11-2011 08:10am
rsk21

@ Mark N - I would suggest that the above is something of a sweeping statement.

As with all brands there are good and bad dealers. Regrettably Land Rover are heavily represented by a dealer group which is well known for poor customer service, low morale and high staff turnover which many attribute to the fact that it belongs to a distressed parent company. There are good LR dealers out there with whom plenty of us have built good relationships and enjoy an open and honest dialogue irrespective of issues further along the supply chain.

As an aside I would add the level of whining and whinging plus the sniping at people like the chap who started this thread to try and assist do the boards and the individuals concerned no credit at all. It is notable that there is an attrition rate amongst members who were once enthusiastic and prolific posters. Sadly this board is in danger of dwindling away to becoming nothing more than an outlet for the terminally disaffected rather than a thriving community like the other LR/RR themed boards with which it shares a stable. I for one would be very sad if that happens. I suspect many of the " I want it and I want it now" fraternity will probably melt away once their car arrives which may well lead to a much needed change of tonal direction for the boards as a whole.
18-11-2011 09:09am
xxxx5

(18-11-2011 09:09am)rsk21 Wrote:  @ Mark N - I would suggest that the above is something of a sweeping statement.

As with all brands there are good and bad dealers. Regrettably Land Rover are heavily represented by a dealer group which is well known for poor customer service, low morale and high staff turnover which many attribute to the fact that it belongs to a distressed parent company. There are good LR dealers out there with whom plenty of us have built good relationships and enjoy an open and honest dialogue irrespective of issues further along the supply chain.

As an aside I would add the level of whining and whinging plus the sniping at people like the chap who started this thread to try and assist do the boards and the individuals concerned no credit at all. It is notable that there is an attrition rate amongst members who were once enthusiastic and prolific posters. Sadly this board is in danger of dwindling away to becoming nothing more than an outlet for the terminally disaffected rather than a thriving community like the other LR/RR themed boards with which it shares a stable. I for one would be very sad if that happens. I suspect many of the " I want it and I want it now" fraternity will probably melt away once their car arrives which may well lead to a much needed change of tonal direction for the boards as a whole.

+1, i am glad someone else agrees with me.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
18-11-2011 09:55am
chiggy

(18-11-2011 09:55am)xxxx5 Wrote:  +1, i am glad someone else agrees with me.

Me too!

I was just about to put up another thread thanking those who have been helpful on the forum and also to the owners of the forum/moderators for actually making this possibly the best Evoque forum on the world wide web. (yes, i called the internet the world wide web).

I don't think there's any other forum that has been as informative and as up to date as this one. Evoque owners club of UK has decent - but has no place for us Australians to be honest.

Evoque Round 2: Fuji Si4 Dynamic - 5dr. Pursuit interior. Dynamic Tech Pack. Adaptive Xenons. 19in Standard Alloy wheels. Twisted Evil
Contrast black roof (to be painted soon). (Previously a Firenze Pure owner - still my favourite colour Wink)
18-11-2011 10:32am