Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 3.33 Average
From the other side of the desk
xxxx5

RE: From the other side of the desk

(06-11-2011 05:53am)mark_n Wrote:  Seems you are more diligent than my dealer in keeping your customers informed. Whatever discussions my dealer is having with LR, I will be very surprised if they give me update without me asking.

+1, my dealer is only interested in one thing .......money. Don't think they know the words communication or customer satisfaction.

Now Sold: 5dr Pure SD4 Man / Fuji White / Pano Roof / Tech Park / Style 6 Alloys / Privacy Glass / Xenons / Black H'lining / Power Fold Door Mirrors / Power Tailgate / Carpet Mats / Front Fogs.
06-11-2011 09:29am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
mark_n

(05-11-2011 11:45pm)lulu101 Wrote:  Exactly!!! I paid my deposit in July and am still in the holding pool Sad

I find that incredible. 4 months after paying your deposit and your order hasn't even been placed with LR. I may moan (endlessly, to some), but at least my salesman got my order into LR before he left the company.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
06-11-2011 09:54am
alibeau

(05-11-2011 03:32pm)Marc_1972 Wrote:  We do have some that went from November to February that are now confirmed as February due to the spec ordered.

This bothers me! My build date was November but delayed until January but my dealer did mutter that it could well end up being February. Are you able to tell us which particular spec is delayed until Feb? It seems crazy that some orders could be delayed until Feb and yet you are still able to offer March delivery slots (if I have got that right?!).

Also the other infuriating thing is the article from LR stating that the average delay is 3-4 weeks - if only that were true Big Cry

Sorry, don't mean to be so negative, not my usual style..........

Ali.
07-11-2011 10:12am
Token

Good of you to come on here Mark, some people have had some terrible experiences with their dealers so it's great to see one that either a) cares enough about the LR brand and their customers to come on here, or b) has the intelligence to know that communication to customers may bring future sales...both (a) and (b) seem to be lacking in a lot of dealers.

Out I interest, do you know how directive LR are with the dealer network and whether they do much in terms of quality control / audits of the dealer network?

Evoque Coupe 2.2 SD4 Dynamic LUX 190HP (in some kind of grey!)

[Image: event.png]
09-11-2011 02:20pm
WorldTraveler

(05-11-2011 04:00pm)mark_n Wrote:  I don't know what you are trying to say. Are you speaking for your dealership's allocation or LR UK in general? I am hardly going to ignore the fact that my delivery went out from 3 to 11 weeks, that's no rumour, that's no story, it's a fact.

Oh, and by the way, it's "their cars", not "there cars". The inability to write basic English is clearly no barrier to becoming a Land Rover salesman...

Marc_n,

You are a read piece of work, the bloke is trying to post useful information to assure us that LR have resolved some of the supply issues and that those vehicles in "Dealer Pool" will be built/delivered 1st 1/4 next year, and all you can do is belittle the guy. I suggest that if you have nothing contructive to say that you leave the forum, cancle your order and go and procure some other sub-standard vehile !

Marc_1972, Thanks for the updates, I spoke with my dealer last week and was told exactlly what you have recounted here, without information from the LR dealer network posting in here I'm sure most of us would not have a clue what's going on at the plant. Keep Posting ! Smile
(05-11-2011 11:53pm)Acwats Wrote:  There's that school teacher again..... Bit harsh Mark, having a good grasp of English and, either the desire or care to use it on this forum does not invalidate the contribution or opinion of the author.

There's numerous posts on here every day with incorrect use of the apostrophe for the use of the possessive "its" but you never pick up Tim or others for it.

Diversity is a good thing, selection based on intellect is not.

Here, Here !! its great so see others have exercized there write to berate "The Teacher" Thumbs Up
(delibrate spelling and incorrect use of language in the above stement has been exercised in theis post)

Delivered 31st March 2012
Pure, 5 Door, TD4, Manual, Firenze Red, Tech Pack, Front Fogs, Xenon, Pano Roof

Track Consumption Using The Site Below
[Image: 117709.png]
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2011 10:30am by WorldTraveler.)
12-11-2011 10:23am
Grah

I think that should be "real" piece of work ...
12-11-2011 10:51am
Urban Splash

I can't wait to read and post in the 'my range rover Evoque' forum. Having a go at each other is not going to result in anyone getting their car any earlier.....

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
12-11-2011 10:59am
J77

Where is all the joy? Instead it is full of insults Towards posters who are trying to help. Yes our cars are delayed but stamping our feet and throwing our toys out of the pram aren't going to make it come any quicker, also picking up on spelling is rather childish. If this is how you speak to people then it is no surprise they don't keep you updated.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
16-11-2011 08:42pm
cutter7

Spot on J77 SmileSmile

16-11-2011 09:29pm
ceebee

From the other side of the desk

Here, here......

Waiting for: - 2015 SD4 Dynamic, LUX pack, Auto, 5 door. Mauritius Blue. Santorini Roof........spare wheel.
16-11-2011 09:31pm