Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin!
alibeau

RE: Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin!

(19-02-2014 03:43pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Have fun and let us know if Nissan's reliability is really all it is cracked up to be will you...

Thanks Tim, look forward to seeing some pics of your Zanzibar girl! Very Happy

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
21-02-2014 12:21pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

Yes Enjoy Alibeau the Juke is a fun thing if a bit quirky looking at the front, be interested on your views of moveing to Nissan after your Evoque too, since that new Quasqai is looking an interesting option. A friend with a Nissan Note loves hers.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-02-2014 12:41pm
alibeau

(21-02-2014 12:41pm)PhilSkill Wrote:  Yes Enjoy Alibeau the Juke is a fun thing if a bit quirky looking at the front, be interested on your views of moveing to Nissan after your Evoque too, since that new Quasqai is looking an interesting option. A friend with a Nissan Note loves hers.

Thanks Smile A car is not just a means of getting around for me, I get real happiness and enjoyment from the cars I drive and so it was never going to be easy getting rid of the Evoque and 'down grading' too Crying

I did my first proper drive in the Juke yesterday, it's fun and nice enough but an Evoque it is not...... Equally I do find myself questioning given the price tag on the Juke was £20k and my Evoque was close to £50k where on earth is the extra spent and how can i justify spending that amount of money again?... but then I see the Autobiography and think that I would buy one in a flash if I could!!!! Rolling Eyes

The service I received from my Landrover dealership was second to none and I had very few gripes with my Evoque so any replacement has a lot to live up to! The Nissan dealership was fine, no problems at all, the car has been fully serviced so we'll see how we go....... Very Happy

21-02-2014 01:22pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Shhhhhhhhh nobody tell Alibeau that what she's driving is really a Renault in disguise!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
21-02-2014 02:32pm
PhilSkill

It is a hard justification, £20k buys you a lot of Nissan! they are keenly priced if a bit more tinny, and they may be a bit more run of the mill and share a lot with Renault... but I pass more Evoques than Nissans everyday around here! Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
21-02-2014 03:13pm
Evo-king

I was only thinking the other day when driving up to Liverpool, and Manchester the previous week, just how many Quasqais were on the road, maybe it's down to pricing.

Fortunate and happy enough to stick with the Evoque.

Enjoy your time in the Nissan Ali, hope to welcome you back in the future.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
22-02-2014 05:46pm
alibeau

Nissan, Renault, doesn't make a lot of difference to me, all I know is that I am not driving an Evoque CryingLaughing

And I should have added that I negotiated the Nismo down to £18k so it is a decent amount of car for the money, I suppose!!!

One garage I visited tried to talk me out of a Qashqai based on the fact that the only people who were interested in them were on the Motability scheme! Don't know a lot about it, not sure quite what he was getting at, possibly that they would be very common? Seemed rather rude to me!!! But again when we were at a different Renault/nissan dealership a great deal of the enquires coming in seemed to be regarding the Qashqai and Motability?

Any hoo, got my numbers on the lotto tonight, fingers crossed I'll be able to get an Autobiography Evoque on order first thing Monday! Laughing

Ali Smile

22-02-2014 06:05pm
alibeau

A little update from me!

So the Juke is going! First time I have ever had proper buyers remorse. It was nippy but that's about the only good point I can find after 3 weeks of ownership. The ride was bumpy as hell, felt every tiny bump in the road, couldn't hack it!

Test drove a used ix35 today, the deal is done, really looking forward to collecting my 'new' car next week! So we have gone from a two RR family to a two Hyundai family! I think the main positive of all this is had I gone straight from the Evoque to the ix35 I might not have appreciated it as much as I do now having driven the Nismo for three weeks and I didnt lose a great deal of money either! Hurrah!

Ali Smile

15-03-2014 08:02pm
rchip25

At the moment my wife and I are in a race to see which arrives first. My new
Evoque or her Nissan Juke. I am hoping to win.

The Juke seems a well kitted out car for a good price.

Pure Tech SD4 Auto in Ipanema Sand with almond interior.
15-03-2014 09:27pm
Evo-king

Ali, enjoy the Hyundai.

They are reported to be the better of the Korean manufacturers. Higher quality finish and components.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
16-03-2014 08:48am