babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin! - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Site News & Chat (/Forum-Site-News-Chat)
+--- Forum: Off Topic (/Forum-Off-Topic)
+---- Forum: Other Vehicles (/Forum-Other-Vehicles)
+---- Thread: Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin! (/Thread-Forgive-me-Father-for-I-may-be-about-to-sin)

Pages: 1 2 3

Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin! - alibeau - 09-02-2014 03:35pm

Ok, so the Evoque went on Thursday Crying

Onwards and upwards, at least now it takes the pressure off business wise and we can complete our renovations and hopefully return to Range a Rover at some point in the future!

In the meantime I have test driven the Clio RS 200 and also the GT. Really nice cars, got really good deals on offer with both BUT I just can't help thinking that I would prefer a slightly higher driving position and some '4x4' potential...

Whilst at a Renault dealership I spotted a Juke Nismo and then test drove an auto yesterday. The Juke is a car that I always thought fell into the category of 'fugly', it probably still does but the Nismo was slightly more palatable. The 'problem' is is that it ticks all of my boxes....

Petrol
Auto
5 door
Nippy
'4WD'
Slightly elevated driving position
Around the £20k mark

So before I commit the ultimate sin and order the bull frog lookalike, are there any other vehicles out there that I may have overlooked?

Ali.

RE: Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin! - RacingSnake - 09-02-2014 07:33pm

Good choice tbh.
For me, it was the Evoque, Juke or Kia Sportage.... completely different 'class' of cars I know but I like the new/quirky style cars.
We'd still have a juke even though they are (much like the evoque) quite common.

Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin! - MarkA_ - 09-02-2014 08:28pm

Skoda yeti! I have not heard a bad review of it yet.

RE: Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin! - m_101 - 09-02-2014 10:39pm

I also considered a sportage and a Mazda CX5 but am so glad I got my evoque.
That being said, what about the new qashqai?

RE: Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin! - PhilSkill - 09-02-2014 11:45pm

While in the Nissan dealers definitely checkout the New Qashqai... and comes in 4x4 if required.

RE: Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin! - tetstb - 10-02-2014 10:37am

Sportage is a surprisingly good piece of kit, my neighbour has one and 7 year warranty, 80K miles of free servicing with green flag cover are all hard to ignore.

Level of equipment is pretty good also.

RE: Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin! - tarbat - 10-02-2014 11:38am

Certainly worth considering a Skoda Yeti. We've had ours for 4 years, very happy with it. Good residual values after 4 years as well - retained 55% even on trade-in.

RE: Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin! - alibeau - 10-02-2014 11:57am

Sorry for my bull frog comments RacingSnake, I didn't consider for one minute that there might be a Juke owner on the forum! Doh! Apologies!

Thanks for the feedback guys. Typically, my first Monday morning without the Evoque and its snowing!!!!

Just awaiting a few quotes on used Nismo's, the car is really growing on me so I *think* my decision is made....

Love the look of the new Qashqai but it is not currently available in Auto and 4WD on the same model Wink

I'm afraid the Skoda Yeti is not for me but only a week ago I said that about the Juke Laughing

Thanks, I really appreciate your input.

Ali.

RE: Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin! - alibeau - 19-02-2014 01:04pm

The deed is done.

A 12 month old Juke Nismo is sitting outside my office window. I certainly won't be lovingly gazing out as I used to with my Evoque but the Nismo drives great, feels solid and nippy too.....

Enough said!

Thanks guys and bye for now.

Ali Very Happy

RE: Forgive me Father for I may be about to sin! - XFullFatTim - 19-02-2014 03:43pm

Have fun and let us know if Nissan's reliability is really all it is cracked up to be will you...