Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
First cold morning - evoque wouldn't open
Kentboy

RE: Firs cold morning - evoque wouldn't open

(30-11-2012 10:35am)WB Wrote:  Just had a call from a friend with an Evoque - doors wouldn't open this morning - temperateure was -6c. It all seemed to be frozen shut. She eventually got the passenger door open using the emergency key and drove it round to her local dealer who couldn't get the driver's door to unlock until it had defrosted.

This wasn't an issue with the seals it just wouldn't unlock so appears the lock mechanism was frozen.

Anyone had anything similar happen?

Had the same last week, managed to get in the car but then I couldn't open the door again as the lock seemed to open but the wing mirrors were going in and out and it would not allow me to open the door. I had to sit in the car until it warmed up and defrosted and then the door opened. I was considering driving to the dealer but whilst the engine was running the mirrors were in so I would have had no mirrors whilst driving. This is a little worrying as it doesn't sound a one off to me!?

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
26-12-2012 10:45pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

RE: Firs cold morning - evoque wouldn't open

(26-12-2012 10:45pm)Kentboy Wrote:  Had the same last week, managed to get in the car but then I couldn't open the door again as the lock seemed to open but the wing mirrors were going in and out and it would not allow me to open the door. I had to sit in the car until it warmed up and defrosted and then the door opened. I was considering driving to the dealer but whilst the engine was running the mirrors were in so I would have had no mirrors whilst driving. This is a little worrying as it doesn't sound a one off to me!?

My friend's needed part of the driver side lock replaced as even though it would intermittently work it would stop working whenever it was very cold.
27-12-2012 10:24pm
tonydina

RE: First cold morning - evoque wouldn't open

(29-11-2012 10:09am)lavamyz Wrote:  Morning!

The car was frozen for the first time this morning and wouldn't open at all. Doors were clicking and hazards flashing off the remote button but couldn't open the doors or boot. They were stuck solid.

I didn't want to force it, I used the other car. But is it just a case of giving the door a hefty tug? Not experienced anything like this before and Had many different vehicles in the same lovely cold weather.

If the door won't close in the future, push the door against the body and use the remote to lock it. My dealer changed the interior door mechanism and lubed it today. Will see if it occurs again since winter temps here can go from, +10 to -20 c overnight.

(02-12-2012 08:11pm)gw76 Wrote:  slightly disappointed with heated front windscreen, maybe just where I live high up it really tests it, but would have been quicker just scraping it. Back glass seems much quicker. Doors stuck yesterday also. Never once had a car do that.

My front glass defrosts in under 30 sec. in -20c. have the dealer check it out.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2013 05:36am by tonydina.)
09-01-2013 05:33am
Evo-king

Well it was my turn to have to get in the car from the passenger side this morning, drivers door frozen solid, wing mirrors cracking like an ice breaker, WD40 applied again.

Elbowed open drivers door.

Not clever this is it.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 09:46pm by Evo-king.)
15-01-2013 09:46pm
WB
WB

Does everyone remember the cold weather testing video or released when the Evoque was launched?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?q=http://ww...5TgkNi-Lyg
(This post was last modified: 15-01-2013 10:06pm by WB.)
15-01-2013 10:04pm
abcya

I don't recall anyone mentioning door seal problems last winter? Strange?

No probs for me, but I live on the outskirts of London and the car's garaged at night.

Firenze red Dynamic 5-door with Verve interior and pano roof
15-01-2013 10:59pm
Urban Splash

Autoglym Vinyl & Rubber Care doesn't stop the seals from sticking. Put loads on each door the other night and they are still sticking. Don't bother wasting your money.

Delivered: Evoque 5 door Prestige SD4 Auto 4WD, Orkney Grey, Fixed Panoramic Roof, Ivory Headliner, Vibe Interior, Spare wheel, 20" Chrome Shadow Style 7
16-01-2013 02:23pm
MarkLondon

I had this issue a few cars back with a Fiat Barchetta and found that a very thin smear of Vaseline on the rubber (where it was in contact with metal), stopped the 'freezing together' problem. Oddly enough, it has never been a problem on my Honda.

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
16-01-2013 02:30pm
PhilSkill

I used Autoglym Silicone Spray (any silicone based spray would probably do) along the top edge that touches the metal as this was the bit freezing stuck and since it hasn't frozen stuck, all you are doing is repelling the water between the 2 surfaces. So Instead the windows stuck up instead!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
16-01-2013 04:04pm
daveo

the rear door handles have failed to operate several times in the -7 deg we have at the moment, they stick open when used making shutting the door again impossible.
16-01-2013 06:07pm