Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
First cold morning - evoque wouldn't open
PhilSkill

RE: First cold morning - evoque wouldn't open

Darn... Forgot to try this at the weekend and door frozen solid this morning, seems to be just the top edge rubber strip, just used the heat of my fingers to slowly defrost the edge until it came loose... Then I wished I had the heated steering wheel after that! Laughing

Will definitely try the Autoglym it when I get the chance...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-12-2012 11:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Ian Stuart

Just bought my new Dynamic got up on a really frosty morning cant open the doors . AHHHHH
found the solution Silcone Lubricant spray get it from Halfords, spray on to a cloth then wipe the rubber seals
on the door and car. fantastic

Halfords Silicone Lubricant 400ml heres the link below

Halfords Silicone Lubricant Spray works wonders for sticking freezing door seals
12-12-2012 02:45pm
PhilSkill

Cheers and Welcome Ian, I have some Silicon Spray from Autoglym which I've never used and looks exactly the same stuff, so i'll scratch the Vinyl and rubber care (which would probably work anyway) and use this.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
12-12-2012 03:03pm
PhilSkill

Autoglym Silicone Spray now applied to the top edges of the door shuts, should still be frozen tomorrow, but as it's not wet I doubt it would stick anyway!

12-12-2012 09:24pm
neil-c

Have had the sticky door seals then the other morning rear NS door opens fine but door latch seems to freeze in the open position meaning the door won't close and the door handle sticks out. Eventually thaws out and releases after car has sat running for a while but far from handy. Car goes back in next week but guy in the dealership I spoke to said he had a freelander do same thing on the same morning. Hope this is resolved though as winter has only just begun!!

Pure SD4 5 door | Orkney Grey | Style 4 alloys | Tech Pack | Panoramic Roof | Privacy Glass | Xenons
12-12-2012 09:41pm
PhilSkill

Doors not frozen today, although there had been a significant frost build up, so seems to have worked!

13-12-2012 09:53am
Evo-king

Given the thousands of hours of design & development of this car, maybe we should let LR know about this.

For crying out loud this is the UK, not the Arctic.

Any ideas folks.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
13-12-2012 09:21pm
cjfp

(13-12-2012 09:21pm)Evo-king Wrote:  Given the thousands of hours of design & development of this car, maybe we should let LR know about this.

For crying out loud this is the UK, not the Arctic.

Any ideas folks.

But it was tested in the arctic ... Maybe it was the wrong type of too cold there ! Laughing

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
13-12-2012 09:23pm
Evo-king

I'm off to Halfords at the weekend for supplies.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
13-12-2012 09:32pm
same2you

If you watch at about the 1 minute mark in this video, they seem to have looked at it in their testing... http://bit.ly/ZB9i8l

Maybe their test didn't take water/ice into account Rolling Eyes
26-12-2012 08:40pm