Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Service upgrades
cjfp

RE: First Service upgrades

Mw73 - give this thread a read

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Top-Up-Oil

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-09-2012 08:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WB
WB

(12-09-2012 05:07pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Depending on how early yours was in the production runs you will get:

Autobox TCM reflash to latest version
Steering Lock update ( don't ask I have no idea!)
Coupe gets seat motors recalibrated ( I haven't noticed them being any less slow.....)
There seems to have been something done to my AD as I can no longer tell the difference between the suspension settings, only the weight of the steering.
Very early cars may also be due for replacement door seals to a modified design if you have previously complained of road/ wind noise from the door seals.
Again later cars are built with the modified seals
Most of these will be built-in at newbuild on later cars, but I don't know the cut off VIN's

Thanks Tim,

So mine is a late October build 5 door and I've not had the wind/road noise issues. Presumably it will just be the TCM reflash if required and possibly sterring lock.

Apart from oil and filter did they do any other service items like air filters etc? I assume they do a safety check of brakes etc?
12-09-2012 09:58pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I don't have a fully itemised list of everything done - best to phone the service reception and ask, but I would hope that brakes were and tyres were inspected, 4WD system checked and lubricated as required and the pollen and oil filters etc changed as they are what I'm used to having done at a standard service

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
12-09-2012 10:15pm
cjfp

Well, there's another saving to be had - forget changing the pollen filter this year.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
12-09-2012 10:19pm
paulcon

Just been quoted £322 (incl VAT) for my first service incl. collection and return to my office (about 8 mils away from dealer - Stratstone Wolverhampton)

Thought I was going to have to play them off against other dealers for price match but I've gotta say I'm pretty happy with that.

Black 'n Black SD4 Dynamic Lux 5-door with privacy.
26-09-2012 03:17pm
3V0QU3

First Service upgrades

Had my first service a couple of weeks ago. £340.
I asked them to do software updates to fix economy and lag. They didn't, said there were no updates needed. After telling them that i knew there were updates because i could see them on topix, they finally had the car in and applied them all.
Good news is the lag is much better and gear changes are quicker and smoother. In fact, i think everything about the car is smoother. Bad news is fuel economy did not improve at all, still averaging 37mpg on my SD4.

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige Lux + AD + Black Roof Lining + Heated Steering Wheel
Arrived 27/03/12
Very Happy
10-10-2012 09:16pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

This has been my experience too, smoother gear changes (it was the transmission control module that had the update) no appreciable imporvement in consumption even though on the first long drive a day after the upgrade my consumption had dropped it didn't stay that way when i got home and onto my normal driving roads

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
10-10-2012 10:13pm
WB
WB

(10-10-2012 09:16pm)3V0QU3 Wrote:  Had my first service a couple of weeks ago. £340.
I asked them to do software updates to fix economy and lag. They didn't, said there were no updates needed. After telling them that i knew there were updates because i could see them on topix, they finally had the car in and applied them all.
Good news is the lag is much better and gear changes are quicker and smoother. In fact, i think everything about the car is smoother. Bad news is fuel economy did not improve at all, still averaging 37mpg on my SD4.

I just don't understand why the dealers can't be bothered to look up the software updates and apply them without the customer insisting...
11-10-2012 09:37am
tetstb

(11-10-2012 09:37am)WB Wrote:  I just don't understand why the dealers can't be bothered to look up the software updates and apply them without the customer insisting...
Because we're all paying them a fortune to service a Mondeo engine so why should they do any extra work ?

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
11-10-2012 11:39am
J77

Cars due it's first service soon, don't know what the charge is as I have a service plan over 3 years and can't be bothered to work it out. It's going in next week to get style 6 alloys fitted, I was pleasantly surprised that my dealer was the cheapest £899 supplied and fitted as opposed to kwick fits £1265 and national tyre centre £1500 for the same tyre.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
11-10-2012 07:29pm