Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Service upgrades
WB
WB

RE: First Service upgrades

(03-09-2012 09:48pm)cjfp Wrote:  I'm confused now too - I said LPR because of xfft post (and missed your post) - can LPR give an explanation of the difference between your and xfft's experience ?!
I really want to know more about the coupe seat motor recalibration !!!

I left it as my car has to go back one more time so I thought I'd wait to see how Tim got on then I can be a bit more insistant that I have them done - especially the TCM one
03-09-2012 09:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

One thing to remember - my car is one of the earliest production runs of customer cars that LR did as it was a launch day delivery. I may have things needed in my car that later builds don't need as the improvements were incorporated in the later builds. My car rolled down the production line in mid August last year, most of your cars will have been much later production.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
03-09-2012 10:34pm
PhilSkill

Can you feel any difference driving it with the TCM update? I wonder if thats just for Auto's?

I'll be asking for some updates when mine goes in if your mpg starts to beat mine! Laughing

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-09-2012 11:09pm
XFullFatTim

Don't get the car back until Friday Phil and then it will have a roof box as well so will only be able to compare with my previous figures until I get home and remove the box

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
04-09-2012 01:49pm
defender_uk

(03-09-2012 10:34pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  One thing to remember - my car is one of the earliest production runs of customer cars that LR did as it was a launch day delivery. I may have things needed in my car that later builds don't need as the improvements were incorporated in the later builds. My car rolled down the production line in mid August last year, most of your cars will have been much later production.

mine was only a couple of weeks after yours Tim....

Defender_uk

Evoque Prestige Lux, OG, maual, style 4 wheels

comes to live with Defender 90 TDCi 07
04-09-2012 06:30pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim

Just had a call from Nicky at service reception at Lookers to tell me that the replacement door seals are on back order at LR. So if anybody else with a very early production car is also due to get the modified seals make sure your servicing garage orders them now forca service later in the year. Otherwise the service is complete, just the roof rails, crossbars and roof box to fit now. Mudflaps are also on.

05-09-2012 09:00am
berlin2011

Tim, I'd be very keen to know if the door seals makes a difference to wind noise - my dealer keeps fobbing me off and blames the mirrors for the noise. My car was a September build so doubt it's any different than yours in that respect.

Current: SD4 Dynamic Auto, 5 Door, Orkney Grey with Black Contrast Pano roof and 20" Shadow Chrome wheels. Pursuit interior. [countdown="Hand over"]15th June 2013 2:00pm[/countdown]

Gone: Si4 Prestige Auto Coupe, Orkney Grey with Panoramic Roof, Element interior, Shadow Chrome 20" wheels with most of the bits & pieces loaded. [countdown="Hand over"]29th November 2011 2:00pm[/countdown]
05-09-2012 02:08pm
XFullFatTim

Berlin, it was acknowledged by LR that here was a problem with the door seals within two weeks of me taking delivery. I spent a couple of hours with the service manager at Lookers Park Royal who agreed that the wind noise was definitely coming from the door seals, we ran with the air on off and the ventilation off and the noise was definitely from the seals. I posted here about it. I was told that Land Rover had already been working on a modified seal that has been fitted on the line since

05-09-2012 07:07pm
vinda

Had my 1st service today. Had the tmc reflash. Seems better. Dunno if it's placebo effect. Problem is the invoice says oil used was a 0w 30. Thought suppose to be 5w30. Did order my own but didn't arrive in time!
Any difference. Shall I call in the morning
(This post was last modified: 06-09-2012 08:01pm by vinda.)
06-09-2012 07:48pm
Evo-king

Can't imagine 0w 30, is a problem, isn't that oil more appropriate for winter conditions? Which we are going into now.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
06-09-2012 08:02pm