Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
First Service upgrades
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: First Service upgrades

Dealer possibly took them off a Dynamic that the owner wanted something different on.............. you are being robbed!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
11-10-2012 10:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
THEMACS

(11-10-2012 07:29pm)J77 Wrote:  Cars due it's first service soon, don't know what the charge is as I have a service plan over 3 years and can't be bothered to work it out. It's going in next week to get style 6 alloys fitted, I was pleasantly surprised that my dealer was the cheapest £899 supplied and fitted as opposed to kwick fits £1265 and national tyre centre £1500 for the same tyre.

For what just tyres? I paid £950 for Style 6 alloys with Michelin tyres that had only done delivery mileage, ie less than 50 miles.

You can get a full set of P Zero's for appx £700 fitted!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
11-10-2012 11:02pm
J77

Was trying to buy a set with tyres from our site sponsor Overfinch for £995 but they never replied to PMs. Out of the few tyre centers I looked at my dealer was the cheapest for pirelli tyres, could have spent a lot longer looking for cheaper prices but overall I'm happy tyres plus rims £1.3k not to far out from some of the sets with tyres on eBay.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
11-10-2012 11:21pm
THEMACS

(11-10-2012 11:21pm)J77 Wrote:  Was trying to buy a set with tyres from our site sponsor Overfinch for £995 but they never replied to PMs. Out of the few tyre centers I looked at my dealer was the cheapest for pirelli tyres, could have spent a lot longer looking for cheaper prices but overall I'm happy tyres plus rims £1.3k not to far out from some of the sets with tyres on eBay.

Where did you get the rims from for £400? How many miles have they done?

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
13-10-2012 03:19pm
J77

Purchased from Stratstone LR Bury through eBay, came off a customers car who wanted aftermarket 20s fitted, so left the rims but took the tyres. I'm led to believe that the car came straight from LR to the dealer where the wheels were then swaped.

18MY Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic SE D240
13-10-2012 04:49pm
Rootsboy

i have just had my first service done at my only local dealer. of which i gave hime a nice list of things i would like them to check on top of having the normal service.
the list included a odd vibration rattle, please check rear parcel shelf and sunroof.... my rear parcel shelf does also have the wear on it mentioned in other threads here.
the start/stop had not been working for 2 months now, could they please check this and battery recharging.
occasional crunching noise when reversing.
issues with the stereo and general software speed etc.

anyway upon picking the car up, i was told they found a bit of plastic somewhere which could have been causing a noise, but which noise they dont know as the guy took it out, and could not hear any of the problems i had mentioned.

the start stop was now fixed. but no software updates had been done. when i questioned this, they just said none were needed. then when questioned again, i was told that it can cause problems having the software upgrades. they had one other car which was put out of action for one month because they did a upgrade on it.

it sounds to me like they just don't know what they are doing, and these least they do the better.

i went away as i had a busy week and needed the car, i think i will be taking it back in next week, as the rattle from the rear is still there, they did not clear the service required on the dash, and i think i need to force them to do any software updates on it.

my version is still 3310_110721 i guess my car was from the second batch, i received mine in november of 2011.

SD4 Prestige 5 Door Manual. Fuji White. 20" Style 6 Wheels. Vibe-Ebony Interior and Header. Panoramic Roof. AD. Privacy and Solar Attenuating Glass. Surround Camera, Heated Seats. Pollution Sensor. Rear Vents. 825W Sound and a Spare Wheel
14-01-2013 05:18pm
PhilSkill

Same Software as mine also a November 2011, no updates were done either, Most updates seem to be for the Auto.

I strongly recommend you get someone to sit in the back and press everything, unless you locate the rattle it's unlikely a dealer will do much. Mine was coming from the rear passenger door card at the back edge, press against that and the rattle stopped, showed the dealer where I pressed, and now it's fixed.

The Start/Stop may have been reset after connecting to the Diagnostic machine in the service.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2013 10:48pm by PhilSkill.)
14-01-2013 10:47pm