Yes
No
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Factory Hand Over
Evo-king

Factory Hand Over

I'm tying to gauge opinion regarding a Factory Hand Over for the Evoque, LR do this at Solihull for the RR.

Are you interested or not?

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
14-03-2014 11:28pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Factory Hand Over

In certainly wouldn't be prepared to pay the full £1200 that FFRR owners pay for the privilege of collecting their new car from the factory though........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-03-2014 05:41pm
HeartbreakRidge

(26-03-2014 05:41pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In certainly wouldn't be prepared to pay the full £1200 that FFRR owners pay for the privilege of collecting their new car from the factory though........

Oh heck no! It should be like what I could have done here in the States if I had gone for a BMW X3. To wit:

Quote:Today we're taking ownership of our new cars though BMW's Performance Center Delivery program, a unique experience in the U.S. where, as part of a daylong new owner introduction, we'll receive driving instruction and a tour of the factory across the street that builds the X3 and X5/6 for world markets.

Performance Center Delivery costs nothing for customers who've ordered new vehicles, and it includes ground transportation, an overnight stay at a nicely furnished Marriott, and dinner and breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. All the owner needs to cover is airfare and the fuel needed to get back home. (Customers who buy their car off a dealer lot, instead of ordering one, can participate in a similar program, called BMW 101, for $495.)

clipped from here

MY2014 Pure Plus, Firenze Red, Lunar/Cirrus interior, Climate Care & Vision Assist packages
Built: March 10, 2014 / Delivery Date (three weeks early!): March 26, 2014
26-03-2014 05:47pm
Evo-king

I was trying to gauge opinion.

I agree that £1200 is too expensive of even prohibitive.

But we have to start somewhere.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
26-03-2014 10:08pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

One thing I found when I owned FFRR's was that everyone from Land Rover to the local lawn mower repairman immediately saw me as an opportunity to make extra ££££££££££££££'s by assuming that because I owned a Range Rover I was wealthy - they forgot that you have to pay for the car which somewhat depletes any wealth you have! If I was ever getting a tradesman to the house to quote for work I always made sure that the RR was out of sight and my battered old Defender was on the drive...............

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 26-03-2014 10:19pm by XFullFatTim.)
26-03-2014 10:18pm
mark_n

£1200 is a nonsense. Porsche used to offer the same in Germany but have now dropped it for UK customers for lack of interest.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
29-03-2014 04:56pm