babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Factory Hand Over - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+---- Forum: Polls (/Forum-Polls)
+---- Thread: Factory Hand Over (/Thread-Factory-Hand-Over)

Factory Hand Over - Evo-king - 14-03-2014 11:28pm

I'm tying to gauge opinion regarding a Factory Hand Over for the Evoque, LR do this at Solihull for the RR.

Are you interested or not?

RE: Factory Hand Over - XFullFatTim - 26-03-2014 05:41pm

In certainly wouldn't be prepared to pay the full £1200 that FFRR owners pay for the privilege of collecting their new car from the factory though........

RE: Factory Hand Over - HeartbreakRidge - 26-03-2014 05:47pm

(26-03-2014 05:41pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  In certainly wouldn't be prepared to pay the full £1200 that FFRR owners pay for the privilege of collecting their new car from the factory though........

Oh heck no! It should be like what I could have done here in the States if I had gone for a BMW X3. To wit:

Quote:Today we're taking ownership of our new cars though BMW's Performance Center Delivery program, a unique experience in the U.S. where, as part of a daylong new owner introduction, we'll receive driving instruction and a tour of the factory across the street that builds the X3 and X5/6 for world markets.

Performance Center Delivery costs nothing for customers who've ordered new vehicles, and it includes ground transportation, an overnight stay at a nicely furnished Marriott, and dinner and breakfast at the hotel's restaurant. All the owner needs to cover is airfare and the fuel needed to get back home. (Customers who buy their car off a dealer lot, instead of ordering one, can participate in a similar program, called BMW 101, for $495.)

clipped from here

RE: Factory Hand Over - Evo-king - 26-03-2014 10:08pm

I was trying to gauge opinion.

I agree that £1200 is too expensive of even prohibitive.

But we have to start somewhere.

RE: Factory Hand Over - XFullFatTim - 26-03-2014 10:18pm

One thing I found when I owned FFRR's was that everyone from Land Rover to the local lawn mower repairman immediately saw me as an opportunity to make extra ££££££££££££££'s by assuming that because I owned a Range Rover I was wealthy - they forgot that you have to pay for the car which somewhat depletes any wealth you have! If I was ever getting a tradesman to the house to quote for work I always made sure that the RR was out of sight and my battered old Defender was on the drive...............

RE: Factory Hand Over - mark_n - 29-03-2014 04:56pm

£1200 is a nonsense. Porsche used to offer the same in Germany but have now dropped it for UK customers for lack of interest.