Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Ex Ranger Rover/Sport owners
Richchad

Ex Ranger Rover/Sport owners

Just wondered how many Evoque owners had Range Rovers or Sports previously and have they regretted the change to an Evoque or pleased they have done it Question

I know XFullFatTim had Range Rovers before, not sure how many others there are.

Just that I am on my second Sport and am looking to swap for an Evoque but do keep wondering if I am doing the right thing.. Confused

06-03-2012 09:41pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
PhilSkill

RE: Ex Ranger Rover/Sport owners

(06-03-2012 09:41pm)Richchad Wrote:  Just wondered how many Evoque owners had Range Rovers or Sports previously and have they regretted the change to an Evoque or pleased they have done it Question

I know XFullFatTim had Range Rovers before, not sure how many others there are.

Just that I am on my second Sport and am looking to swap for an Evoque but do keep wondering if I am doing the right thing.. Confused

It's a different beast, so be sure to know why you are changing... checkout DynamicRRV's Sold thread!

I did not have a RR before, nor 4wd.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
06-03-2012 09:56pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I've had 2FFRR's and 2 Sports before the Evoque - the only regret has been the loss of the lovely TDv8 engine that I had in the 2nd RRS and the 2nd FFRR.
RRE is right up there with the ride quality of them both and it has the bonus of not rolling like an ocean liner in a storm when you try to corner it rapidly. I suppose that 8mpg more in normal driving and 10 mpg more at 70mph is nothing to sneeze at either. I can see how people who have had FFRR's beforefind it hard to get used to the loss of interior space, especially the huge boot of the FFRR, I don't need all the space. I would like the return of the RR seat fold up arm rests though as the centre cubby of the Evoque isn't any use for resting your left arm on.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 06-03-2012 10:01pm by XFullFatTim.)
06-03-2012 09:58pm
tash

Had a 09 58 RRS 2.7 HSE until may last year was coming 3 yr old and didn't want it out of warranty.....it broke week we p/x

I always felt the RRS was a big old beast that was tiring to drive and never really liked particularly against the X5 we had before.

Had a RRE for a week in October and it felt much more car like and was gutted to have to hand back to LR.

Ed4 pure 5 door, Fuji, pan roof, tech pack, privacy, fog lights, style 6 wheels, ebony interior, delivery 22nd March
06-03-2012 10:11pm
martinPL

I still have my 06 RRS HSE 4.3L petrol with auto. 110K miles on it and still like it a lot. Our new 2012 RRE Dynamic is really a baby next to RRS - not as solid on the road, not as planted, not as well built, but almost equally powerful and interior spacious (with exception of the trunk). The RRE has many of the gizmos much better worked out than the RRS (well, 2012 RRS most likely has them all updated too). Bottom line - if I replaced the RRS for the RRE I would be missing the ability to tow large loads, carry two dogs in the trunk and feel as I am almost in a tank. But I'd gain better gas mileage and few more enhancements like USB music, auto high beam, keyless, ...... My wife has loved the RRS and she now gives RRE a 10 out of 10. I like them both but sort of feel as the RRE is a women's car (can it be that living in US affected me too after 20 few years Smile)
06-03-2012 10:55pm
Sensorian

'A womans car. '

Hahaha. Just shows the different attitudes to cars.

It really isn't.

Dynamic Barolo Black, Black interior, Panoramic roof, plus pack, style 6 wheels, Meridian upgrade
06-03-2012 11:15pm
martinPL

(06-03-2012 11:15pm)Sensorian Wrote:  'A womans car. '

Hahaha. Just shows the different attitudes to cars.

It really isn't.

I am surprised too that I see it that way Smile These attitudes must be location specific - while here in US AUDI TT has no particular gender/profession associated with it I often ran into the "hairdresser's car" term in Europe
07-03-2012 01:24am
woodhouse

Had a Sport for 4 years prior to Evoque, first couple of weeks I hated it (partly down to a few steering problems- see previous posts) it just seemed to be so low down compared to the sport but after a long trip over to the Alps at Christmas I totally changed my view and absolutely love the car now and would not go back to a sport. Every time I see a RRS or FFRR I just think they look so dated and dare I say it "Square"
07-03-2012 08:39am
Richchad

Interesting answers, I have to admit when I first saw photos etc of the Evoque I thought it was more a "womans" car, in fact some of my friends still think that.. lol

But I no longer think that but do feel rightly or wrongly that it is a step down from my Sport..

I do like the look of the Evoque and after viewing them in different garages going back to get in my RRSport it does give a dated appearance as woodhouse says, a bit square.. Shocked

07-03-2012 09:26am
DynamicRRV

I owned the daddy for 8 years in two firms and anticipated the arrival of my evoque wholeheartedly. Alas after 5 months owning the evoque I just could not get rid of the feeling that I missed my big range so yesterday I bought a new daddy and sold my baby range. Will I miss it? No. Did I enjoy it? Yes. Do I feel better now? Definitely!
07-03-2012 10:32am