Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Evoque Purchase Questions
bee

RE: Evoque Purchase Questions

i am happy with my 6 speed and can get 40 mpg. im not keen on the later headlights or body shape.

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
19-05-2016 12:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Good shot

(19-05-2016 12:53pm)bee Wrote:  i am happy with my 6 speed and can get 40 mpg. im not keen on the later headlights or body shape.

Me too. Just got 42.2 mpg on a steady 50 mph trip to Norfolk. Motorway driving is usually 35 mpg +.

6 speed box is fine. The 2013 looks decent value with 16k. See if it still has the 5 year maintenance package.

Think the list price for mine was £43k in October 2013. So sale price to your purchase price is £12k.

I've done 23k.

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
19-05-2016 04:58pm
philnotts99

Thanks again for the replies.

Here are the Evoques i am keen to view.. Any advice or tips on them. Is the standard 380W Meridian audio system good in both the old and new shape models or is it worth trying to find the models with the better Meridian audio systems in?

Evoque Pure but has the spec i want and doesnt seem bad value to me - http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/...ls/2684306

Evoque Dynamic 6 speed. Has the spec and extra body kit then the Pure. Slightly more to buy - http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/...ls/2689079

Evoque 2.0 TD4 HSE Dynamic. Very top end of the budget but is the new model, new engine and has the spec. Would it hold its value ok come re sale time though - http://www.stratstone.com/search/vehicle...k-fe65xxo/

Is there anything else on the options I should really be considering where others have wished they did spec it or choose it? My options currently are - Panoramic Glass Roof, Nav, Privacy glass, Bi-Xenon and Upgraded stereo.

Thank you,
Phil
19-05-2016 06:40pm
Stadt Panzer

I personally prefer the Dynamic style, the 380W system I found to be a disappointment on a loaner I had, if you can go for the top version.

Like your extras list, the only one your missing is heated steering wheel[emoji6]

Somewhere in the North Sea.
19-05-2016 08:03pm
Good shot

(19-05-2016 06:40pm)philnotts99 Wrote:  Thanks again for the replies.

Here are the Evoques i am keen to view.. Any advice or tips on them. Is the standard 380W Meridian audio system good in both the old and new shape models or is it worth trying to find the models with the better Meridian audio systems in?

Evoque Pure but has the spec i want and doesnt seem bad value to me - http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/...ls/2684306

Evoque Dynamic 6 speed. Has the spec and extra body kit then the Pure. Slightly more to buy - http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/...ls/2689079

Evoque 2.0 TD4 HSE Dynamic. Very top end of the budget but is the new model, new engine and has the spec. Would it hold its value ok come re sale time though - http://www.stratstone.com/search/vehicle...k-fe65xxo/

Is there anything else on the options I should really be considering where others have wished they did spec it or choose it? My options currently are - Panoramic Glass Roof, Nav, Privacy glass, Bi-Xenon and Upgraded stereo.

Thank you,
Phil

A disappointment for me is lack of any ventilation / air flow for the rear seats / passengers. Didn't realise there wasn't any until a long summer trip with the kids in the back. Think it can be specified but not retrofitted - not in my13 anyway. Heated steering wheel!

Last 2013 SD4 Auto, Prestige, Pano, Firenze Red. Loving the USB shuffle.
19-05-2016 10:12pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The Dynamic 6 Speeder with also have Magneride suspension as standard and I believe for the 2016MY it is now optional, it makes a difference on twisty roads if you are tempted out of the city.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-05-2016 10:43pm
Steve D

I can't believe how good that Magneride suspension is. Hardly any body roll round the twisty roads - you need to use your bum cheeks to keep yourself on the seat! Laughing

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2016 06:49am by Steve D.)
20-05-2016 06:48am
Stadt Panzer

(19-05-2016 10:12pm)Good shot Wrote:  A disappointment for me is lack of any ventilation / air flow for the rear seats / passengers. Didn't realise there wasn't any until a long summer trip with the kids in the back. Think it can be specified but not retrofitted - not in my13 anyway. Heated steering wheel!

Forgot about the rear vents, I've had them in all of my Evoques!

Heated steering wheel.......oh yeah, an absolute must once you've had one [emoji41]

Somewhere in the North Sea.
20-05-2016 07:18am
Pete

With regards to keeping their value, I don't think that's going to happen. With the recent emissions scandal and pressure to by more efficient/cleaner cars, the value of 4x4s like ours will drop. They'll still be popular, but people won't want to pay our prices.

When I'm done with the Evoque, I'm planning on snapping up a cheap 5.0 RR and enjoy the 500BHP for a while before settling down to something sensible.

I think that all of your choices will depreciate by the same amount, I don't believe that the higher specced models will keep their value more than the base models. Don't forget that Evoques are popular, so there's more around, and that keeps the resale prices down. If I were you, I'd go with the best spec that I could reasonably afford. But also do the maths and work out how much you would save in taking the middle option and whether that money sits better in your pocket or on the drive.

But, as always with men and cars, we spend with our heart, not with our head.

Porsche Macan
20-05-2016 07:38am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

(20-05-2016 07:38am)Pete Wrote:  When I'm done with the Evoque, I'm planning on snapping up a cheap 5.0 RR and enjoy the 500BHP for a while before settling down to something sensible.

Once you have driven the 5ltr RRS you won't want anything more sensible in the way of a Range Rover. 5ltr RRS is still a very sensible car, even if you want to do long haul motoring, RRS really is a superb long distance cruiser as well as a country lane blaster and it isn't just in V8 5ltre form that it is good, the SDv6 Dynamic is pretty good too. If you like Dynamic mode in Evoque then the effect on handling of pressing the Dynamic button in L494 RRS is even more vivid, the steering and suspension changes are even more marked. Current generation RRS 5ltr is also only available in the Autobiograpghy. The 5ltr V8 L320 (mk1 RRS) is pretty good too BUT there is no Dynamic mode and they have 500kgs additional weight to haul around compared to the L494.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
20-05-2016 09:50am