Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Engine improvement
Evo-king

RE: Engine improvement

Engine Factory will be alongside the M54.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
16-04-2013 08:58pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
speary

Apparently JLR pay a fortune to Ford for their engines

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
17-04-2013 05:32pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I bet we, the customers, wont see any reduction in prices when the new engines come on line............. I've been a Land Rover owner for too many years to expect them to lower prices because parts have got cheaper!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
17-04-2013 05:41pm
Yves_0016

Not sure about the UK, but al you US drivers out there are just spoilt!! Smile

Let me give you a brief overview of some figures here in Belgium (Europe):

- 1 Liter of Diesel = 1,55EUR, that's 2,015 USD, or 7,62USD per Gallon Diesel, petrol is another 20% more expensive.
- Taxes are calculated more and more on CO2 levels: for instance: when my company buys a car for me (as owner of the company) to drive I am personally taxed on this advantage I get from my company. For a RR Sport (Value approx. 70K EURO = +/- 90K USD and a CO2 of 224) this means 12.200EUR (16K USD) is added to my personal income (on which I am taxed 50%). This is the reason why RR Sport sales have all but stopped here in Belgium.
- On top of this we have annual driving taxes, also based on CO2.
- We have a 1-time tax when registering a car, also based on CO and cc.
- Etc, etc, etc,...

Did you know there is European legislation which required car companies to arrive at certain CO2 emission levels for their whole product line? JLR is in trouble on this one and only making it today thx to low emission Jag XF and Tata models. LR models will also need to decrease on CO2 if JLR want to meet these legal requirements.

Over here in Europe anyways the future are smaller, eco friendly, cars/engines.
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 07:04am by Yves_0016.)
18-04-2013 07:03am
rchrdleigh

The 3.0 litre engine in the new RRSport has a CO2 figure of 194g/km which is quite a significant reduction on the 230 g/km of the current version.

As Yves states the move is towards smaller more eco friendly engines.

Having driven through Belgium, Germany and Austria recently I was surprised by the number of Belgian registered RR Sports that overtook me.
18-04-2013 09:36am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yves, I think you will find most of the EU has similar rules for fuel and car taxes, maybe at different rates and with slightly different names, but we have similar to what you list as well. At today's exchange rate our petrol and diesel work out more expensive than yours! Company car users here also get the benefit in kind taxation on their company provided cars too.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
18-04-2013 09:38am
Yves_0016

(18-04-2013 09:38am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Yves, I think you will find most of the EU has similar rules for fuel and car taxes, maybe at different rates and with slightly different names, but we have similar to what you list as well. At today's exchange rate our petrol and diesel work out more expensive than yours! Company car users here also get the benefit in kind taxation on their company provided cars too.

Indeed. That is why I tend more to think that a new 2 Litre 200HP+ Diesel engine will go into the new RR Sport (as I read on this forum) then the opposite, a 3 Litre V6 going in the Evoque. After all, my last RR Sport had a 2.7Litre V6, but it produced "only" 197HP... My 1000 Kg lighter Evoque has only 7 less HP...

BMW is producing 2 Litre 200HP diesel engines with as low as 129 - 139 CO2 emission and then we are not even talking about diesel hybrid like the Citroen DS5: 200 HP hybrid diesel with 88 grams CO2 emission.

For sure tendency will be towards this with only a small niche market for gass guzzling, CO2 emitting, giants.
(This post was last modified: 18-04-2013 03:31pm by Yves_0016.)
18-04-2013 03:29pm
Stevver0

No doubt that evoque is a great car engineer improve the engine quality of this car.And also improve its auto parts with high quality and guarantee. If anyone wishes to buy a latest beautiful and fast car then he should choose this type of car brand its really nice and affordable for everyone and also have a high quality of auto parts.
13-05-2013 09:59am