Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Dynamic / MagneRide worth it?
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Dynamic / MagneRide worth it?

Compared to the 4/5 door version the Coupe sells in much smaller numbers than LR envisaged, probably because they charge a premium for the pleasure of owning less steelwork in the roof and two less doors and all their fittings!! You may find that it isn't worth LR having so many variants of a slow selling version of the car and have "rationised" the range for the North American market. You need to persuade more customers of the pleasure of owning a Coupe!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-12-2015 09:58am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
scrannel

A little late to the party on this, but just FWIW: I have a 2013 USA spec Dynamic, with MagneRide as an option (which I got). Agree with the poster who said it gives you a "big car" ride. But, six weeks ago I had full lumbar fusion (basically a total spine rebuild) and my wife has been driving me around in her Sport, which was "uncomfortable". This week got back behind the wheel and the MagneRide is supremely comfortable -- no pain to my very tender posterior! This suspension is really amazing.

2013 Dynamic USA specs with MagneRide + Strata wood int. with Lunar perf. Ork Grey.
BMW K1200R. Black.
28-12-2015 06:28pm
5jms5

I drove down the A7 last night in Dynamic mode WOW what a difference less wallowy and solid through the corners. Transformed the car and great fun!
28-12-2015 10:34pm
CharlieBravo

Well short story is I bought one just a few days ago: 2016 Dynamic, Yulong White, Black Roof, Black Pack, all ebony interior with the red seats. It was sitting on their lot ready to go. Told you I'd be tempted. Smile

Longer story is I contacted LR North America by phone and talked with a very nice and informative person. I told her what I wanted and asked how long I'd have to wait for the Dynamic Coupe to be brought back. She confirmed my fear that with the rollout of the new model they want to see how well it does before changing their offerings. She also stated that could be on the order of 1 to 2 years down the road before they bring that particular combo back to the NA market once they know for sure... and it wasn't on their radar at all so add at least a year or two to those estimates. Obviously I don't want to wait multiple years just to see if they change their mind.

In going to the dealer (just to look, and test drive a Dynamic again) this past weekend they had a combo I just kept walking back to. I was debating whether to special order one with the sport seats but pressed to see what offers they would do for the end of the month, end of the year. In the end they dropped $1500US off the price and threw in the premium floor mats and trailer wiring harness for fee. Plus free shipping to my house too since I bought out of state. It should arrive in a couple days.

Here's a photo (if I did it correctly). Mine's the one in the front. Really shows the difference between Fugi and Yulong white colors.

Appreciate all your help and to stick to the Dynamic. I bet I'm going to have a blast.

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

29-12-2015 06:32pm
Koidream

Picture taken at the "Penske Racing Museum"?

BMW 315
BMW 518
Daihatsu Rocky 2.8D
BMW 320i
BMW R100RT
Triumph Spitfire 1500
Rover 623 Si
BMW 518i
Alfa Romeo 156 1.9JTD
VOLVO S60 D5
Range Rover Evoque TD4

[Image: 343895.png]
29-12-2015 08:27pm
CharlieBravo

Indeed!
29-12-2015 08:37pm
bee

(29-12-2015 08:37pm)CharlieBravo Wrote:  Indeed!

really fab car you have there, dynamic bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz Thumbs Up

2013 auto sicillian yellow special edition. with all the goodies supplied with this model.
29-12-2015 08:47pm
Steve D

Is it my eyes or do both if those cars in the picture have tinted front side and screen glass?

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
29-12-2015 11:37pm
PhilSkill

Makes me want to wrap my roof black... stop it.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
29-12-2015 11:40pm
wheels

(29-12-2015 11:37pm)Steve D Wrote:  Is it my eyes or do both if those cars in the picture have tinted front side and screen glass?

Thought of that as well
30-12-2015 05:24am