Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Enable Satellite Radio After Purchase
CharlieBravo

Enable Satellite Radio After Purchase

I've picked up my Dynamic (yea!) and realized my purchase error right away. Apparently when haggling with the dealer I didn't read the fine print closely enough and I didn't pay for the satellite radio upgrade (or have it thrown in on the deal).

Since there's the dual fins on top for MY16, I assume the hardware is installed and it's just a matter of software enabling on the radio receiver side of the house. I can't imagine the factory spending the time to install a completely different head unit, one with and without the satellite receiver installed. It makes more logic to have one set unit and handle everything with software.

Anyone turned this feature on post-purchase?

Thanks in advance and happy new year!
01-01-2016 11:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Steve D

RE: Enable Satellite Radio After Purchase

You've got to pay to have something switched on that you've already paid for? I'd have thought it would be something extra needed on the hardware side unless LR are being extremely mean.

Santorini SD4A Dynamic Lux with shadow chromes, ebony leather and privacy glass. Very Happy
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2016 12:05pm by Steve D.)
01-01-2016 12:04pm
DVFlyer

What happens when you switch to the Sat input?

2014 Zanzibar Pure Premium. Black roof, black wheels, black interior.
01-01-2016 11:14pm
CharlieBravo

That's just it. The button isn't there at all on the screen. My selections are: radio, sources (iPod, etc), my music and my videos. That's it unfortunately.

My current workaround is to stream the satellite radio through my phone. The system doesn't control the stations, and service will be less than stellar when I venture away from civilization.

Ill ping the dealer when I eventually see them.
02-01-2016 08:16am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Twin fin antenna on the roof is because you have the phone and IIRC the InControl wifi system, it is nothing to do with satellite radio and is something that 2016MY cars come with in Europe, we don't have satellite radio in car here. There have been recent posts about how unattractive the twin fins are too........ IIRC twin antenna comes as standard on Euro spec cars, USUALLY the radio/DAB receiving antennae and Hybrid TV aerials are fine yellow lines on the rear side windows and the fins are for the phone/satnav/ wireless connectivity (and IIRC for that you also need a data SIM for it to work)

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-01-2016 03:58pm
BCEvoque

Pretty sure it is the same, but I bought a 1 year old 2013 Evoque without Sat Radio and asked about installing it afterwards. They told me the wiring is not run from the head unit to the back of the vehicle unless specified when you purchase the vehicle, and the Sat Radio unit itself is not installed. To do it afterwards would cost around $8000 as all the panels need to be removed to run the wiring properly.

Just started downloading podcasts and using the USB. Easier and nicer.
02-01-2016 10:37pm
CharlieBravo

Ouch. Looks like I'll do without then. Thanks for the info.
02-01-2016 11:31pm