Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Coupe Bonnet Vents
cutter7

RE: Coupe Bonnet Vents

(26-08-2011 10:00pm)Rein Wrote:  For some strange neurotic reason, that just wouldn't feel the same to me Cool

WTF...Banging Head

26-08-2011 10:04pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rein

I just like "OEM" mods. On my current MINI, I have the Aero bumper kit installed. The rear aero bumper comes standard with a sticker with holes on it. I think it looks crappy and fake, so I didn't use the sticker and drilled 2x450 holes Smile and sprayed it black. See here

http://www.newminiclub.nl/forum/viewtopi...c&start=75

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

Santorini black, 5dr, dynamic, SD4 auto
Mods: My Evoque Topic
26-08-2011 10:13pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Rein, why bother with a new bonnet - looks like you are handy with the tin snips so you could put your vents into home made holes.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
26-08-2011 10:27pm
cutter7

(26-08-2011 10:13pm)Rein Wrote:  I just like "OEM" mods. On my current MINI, I have the Aero bumper kit installed. The rear aero bumper comes standard with a sticker with holes on it. I think it looks crappy and fake, so I didn't use the sticker and drilled 2x450 holes Smile and sprayed it black. See here

http://www.newminiclub.nl/forum/viewtopi...c&start=75

Sorry.. I can't get my head around that Vid? lets talk RRE..
I need to have a chill, with a Nurofen and a small sweet sherry...

XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

make sure it's right nurofen though.........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
Rein

Nevermind Shocked

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

27-08-2011 07:51pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
garryforrestuk

Rein had a word with the land rover guy at the Durham display today, And he confirmed that the coupe bonnet will fit the 5 door.The intakes are a pressing in the bonnet and the covers fit into the recess hope this helps .Garry

DYNAMIC SD4 AUTO 5 DOOR WITH COUPE BONNET VENTS, FRONT GRILL BADGE, CHROME LETTERING, SILVER ROOF RAILS.
27-08-2011 11:58pm
Rein

Thanks Garry,

That helps a lot! I see you are modding from the start aswell, with the Kahn alloys.

Rein

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

28-08-2011 06:28am
Blackseries

(26-08-2011 10:27pm)FullFatTim Wrote:  Rein, why bother with a new bonnet - looks like you are handy with the tin snips so you could put your vents into home made holes.

Unfortunately it’s not just a hole (and rather complicated shape at that)........ the vents sit in indentations around the hole. So if you are after the OEM look you would need to get a new bonnet.

BTW Rein that Mini upgrade looks great quality work.

SD4 Prestige Sport Auto 5 Door, Sumatra Black with Ambience interior, Magneride AD, 20" Style 6 Wheels, Panoramic Roof, Surround Cameras, Electric Tailgate, ADRVM.......& Heated Steering Wheel......Gorgeous
28-08-2011 08:34am
Rein

Thanks man!

I knew about the indentations, that's why I asked in first place. After the first replies I started thinking I was the only one here with modding plans. Glad to see there are more!

Blacked-out Evoque Cool

28-08-2011 09:31am