Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Charging my battery
Power14

RE: Charging my battery

Here's the charger in all its glory : Battery Charger

I may be wrong, but I think the price you quote, is for the charger and the battery kit.

As you said, a lot of money for just a couple of lengths of cable, if it's not included.

Pure, TD4 Coupe (Tech Pack) Since Sept 2012. (Sold May 16)
22-05-2013 03:42pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tony

(22-05-2013 03:42pm)Power14 Wrote:  Here's the charger in all its glory : Battery Charger

I may be wrong, but I think the price you quote, is for the charger and the battery kit.

As you said, a lot of money for just a couple of lengths of cable, if it's not included.

OK, I hope I stand corrected.

TOPIX illustrations just showed the plug and cable connections to the battery, I Googled the part no. and came up with £107 +VAT.

If the price is for the charger and connection kit in the LR scale of pricing its not so bad.

I will check with my dealer, I have suffered my fair share of battery/charging issues, as the car is not in daily use it may be worth looking at.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
22-05-2013 05:42pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I stand to be corrected but that battery charger is also available from Halfords fr about £60! I have a very similar one for keeping my Defender's battery in good nick over the winter when the car hardly gets used

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-05-2013 06:56pm by XFullFatTim.)
22-05-2013 06:54pm
Trapdoor

It's the 'bespoke' connection kit that interests me as the RRE is a bit of a PITA to connect a bog-standard battery-trickler onto as it has that damned cover on. With the X3, I just popped my bonnet and crocked onto the 'jump-start' terminals (the battery is in the boot in the X3).

The connection cable implies that you just plug a charger (supplied or not, who knows as Dan hasn't got back to me on exactly what is in the accessory) into a weatherproof socket located somewhere on the periphery of the wipers. That bit I like.

Had: 2013 Prestige Auto Lux
Have: MY17 Autobiography in Waitomo Grey with Ivory/Espresso interior, HUD, Adaptive Cruise, Adaptive Dynamics, Dynamic Driveline, Wading, Massage Seats. Delivered 17/09/16
22-05-2013 07:41pm
Donny Dog

(22-05-2013 06:54pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I stand to be corrected but that battery charger is also available from Halfords fr about £60! I have a very similar one for keeping my Defender's battery in good nick over the winter when the car hardly gets used

It looks identical to one of the CTEK chargers (http://www.ctekchargers.co.uk/ctek-xc08.php) - maybe they also make the Halfords one?

(22-05-2013 07:41pm)Trapdoor Wrote:  It's the 'bespoke' connection kit that interests me as the RRE is a bit of a PITA to connect a bog-standard battery-trickler onto as it has that damned cover on. With the X3, I just popped my bonnet and crocked onto the 'jump-start' terminals (the battery is in the boot in the X3).

The connection cable implies that you just plug a charger (supplied or not, who knows as Dan hasn't got back to me on exactly what is in the accessory) into a weatherproof socket located somewhere on the periphery of the wipers. That bit I like.

If you get the CTEK version, you get an assortment of connectors, including a plug & socket, the female of which can be permanently wired up to your battery, leaving you to just plug in as required. (If you leave the socket under the bonnet, you can still close the bonnet with the cable connected).
(This post was last modified: 22-05-2013 08:13pm by Donny Dog.)
22-05-2013 08:10pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

The charger sold by Halfords is a CTek one, it isn't relabelled for them

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-05-2013 06:39am