Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Camera
LIONHEAD

Camera

I was follwing a truck on the highway the other day and it ran over a tire strip that was lying on the highway. The tire flew up in front of me and I slammed on the brakes but it caught the lower part of the bumper and also cracked one of my front camera.

Does anyone know if the cameras are plug and play or does the dealer need to program it to work as I'm planning to have my local bodyshop install the cam? TIA.

[Image: p1-3.jpg]
[Image: cam1.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 17-07-2012 03:51pm by LIONHEAD.)
17-07-2012 03:51pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
doug

RE: Camera

Sorry for your damage, it could have been much worse. I had a wheel land on a bonnet once.
As for the camera, I can say that the rear camera is just plug & play as I fitted one aftermarket. Can't see how the front cameras are any different. Bet there not cheap!

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
17-07-2012 06:42pm
LIONHEAD

(17-07-2012 06:42pm)doug Wrote:  Sorry for your damage, it could have been much worse. I had a wheel land on a bonnet once.
As for the camera, I can say that the rear camera is just plug & play as I fitted one aftermarket. Can't see how the front cameras are any different. Bet there not cheap!

Thanks Doug for the info! Maybe I shouldn't have braked hard and let it damage my hood/bonnet than I can claim it under insurance and get the coupe's hood/bonnet with vents. Laughing

The camera wasn't too expensive as I ordered it through Dan at Duckworth (stand up guy to deal with...smooth and easy). Install is about 2 hours as removal of the front bumper is needed to get to the camera.
17-07-2012 07:26pm
zambiaman

LIONHEAD I have to say your rims are amazing! - sorry to jump in the convo.

Arrow SD4 5dr Dynamic
Adaptive Dynamics, Pano roof, 20" style 6, blind spot, power tailgate
Cyprus based
18-07-2012 08:45pm