babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Camera - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: Technical (/Forum-Technical)
+--- Thread: Camera (/Thread-Camera)

Camera - LIONHEAD - 17-07-2012 03:51pm

I was follwing a truck on the highway the other day and it ran over a tire strip that was lying on the highway. The tire flew up in front of me and I slammed on the brakes but it caught the lower part of the bumper and also cracked one of my front camera.

Does anyone know if the cameras are plug and play or does the dealer need to program it to work as I'm planning to have my local bodyshop install the cam? TIA.

[Image: p1-3.jpg]
[Image: cam1.jpg]

RE: Camera - doug - 17-07-2012 06:42pm

Sorry for your damage, it could have been much worse. I had a wheel land on a bonnet once.
As for the camera, I can say that the rear camera is just plug & play as I fitted one aftermarket. Can't see how the front cameras are any different. Bet there not cheap!

RE: Camera - LIONHEAD - 17-07-2012 07:26pm

(17-07-2012 06:42pm)doug Wrote:  Sorry for your damage, it could have been much worse. I had a wheel land on a bonnet once.
As for the camera, I can say that the rear camera is just plug & play as I fitted one aftermarket. Can't see how the front cameras are any different. Bet there not cheap!

Thanks Doug for the info! Maybe I shouldn't have braked hard and let it damage my hood/bonnet than I can claim it under insurance and get the coupe's hood/bonnet with vents. Laughing

The camera wasn't too expensive as I ordered it through Dan at Duckworth (stand up guy to deal with...smooth and easy). Install is about 2 hours as removal of the front bumper is needed to get to the camera.

RE: Camera - zambiaman - 18-07-2012 08:45pm

LIONHEAD I have to say your rims are amazing! - sorry to jump in the convo.