Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Alarm behaviour
PhilSkill

RE: Alarm behaviour

It's an overall identifier, but be good to know if it changes once you have had your update...

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
17-04-2013 03:23pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Nantmoel

Finally had the software uploaded to the car today, I will keep you posted.

Arrived March 4th 2013: 2.2 SD4 Dynamic 5dr Auto, Firenze Red with Santorini Black Contrast Roof with full Panoramic Roof, Privacy Glass, 20" Shadow Alloy Wheels, Heated Steering Wheel, Powered Tail Gate, Park Assist and TV.
18-04-2013 05:16pm
cjh

(17-04-2013 10:22am)cjh Wrote:  will do, but i can't until tomorrow eve. It was interesting that there was some confusion between the service manager and technician at Hereford Land Rover that actually did the work whether the software had been updated, the paperwork I was shown apparently said it was updated. Anyway will post the software version installed on my Evoque tomorrow.

Well here is the software version number: 3782_121019

Has anyone who also has had the update done got a different version number?

Ordered Oct 2012: Dynamic SD4, Firenze Red, Indus Pano, Gloss black strata, Ebony headlining
Aeroflip, Verve interior, Keyless entry, Powered Tailgate, Surround cameras, High beam assist, Heated steering wheel
18-04-2013 08:48pm
RacingSnake

see previous page

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
18-04-2013 10:15pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MarkLondon

Just got my car back from Hadley Green and can confirm that the software version shown is still the same as before (3782_121019), so I assume that a specific software fix doesn't change the overall version number.

Now fingers crossed for no more alarms!

Arrived Jan 2013 from Hadley Green Arrow Prestige SD4 Manual, Fuji White, Pan Roof, Cirrus/Lunar, Aluminium, Ivory Headliner, A/D, Privacy, Lux Pack, Xenons etc
19-04-2013 01:47pm
RacingSnake

^^^ interesting, then I guess there is no real way for us to know!

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
19-04-2013 02:26pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Power14

I would take it from that, the software version reported by the Radio/Sat Nav unit is only reporting what software is installed to run that unit, and not what the vehicles management software is.

Pure, TD4 Coupe (Tech Pack) Since Sept 2012. (Sold May 16)
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 02:38pm by Power14.)
19-04-2013 02:37pm
footwacker

(19-04-2013 02:37pm)Power14 Wrote:  I would take it from that, the software version reported by the Radio/Sat Nav unit is only reporting what software is installed to run that unit, and not what the vehicles management software is.

Maybe an OBD11 tester can interrogate the alarm controller. I'm abroad at the moment but will give it a go next week when I return. And yes I have the same alarm problem and I have told the local dealer who says forums are full of misinformation and can't be trusted! My response was that if so many people bother to go online and report their problem as well as talking to the dealer then there clearly must be a problem. He was non-committal as to whether there was in fact any problem with the alarm!!
However he was prepared to book the car in and look at the problem. Wow grateful or what. If there is a fix the neighbours will be happy and I will not be ashamed to say I own an Evoque at last..

Ipanema Sand, Santorini Black roof, Prestige, Style 7, Spirit Interior, Adaptive dynamics,
Keyless, BSM, TPMS, 2013 model year, 2.2 SD4 Auto etc.. Collected 17th Sept. ordered 21st April 2012
19-04-2013 03:18pm
Kojak

(19-04-2013 03:18pm)footwacker Wrote:  I have the same alarm problem and I have told the local dealer who says forums are full of misinformation and can't be trusted! My response was that if so many people bother to go online and report their problem as well as talking to the dealer then there clearly must be a problem. He was non-committal as to whether there was in fact any problem with the alarm!!

Next time you see him you may care to mention that the 2 main forums have regular visits from LR customer care reps.
And that they (Liam and the replacement for Kelly when on on board) would happily confirm to him that there is a software issue resulting in an alarm problem.

True enough, our on line meeting places will not always represent true proportion and scale of issues because human nature is that customers come out fighting when they have an issue but there is hardly ever smoke without fire either.

Your dealer sounds ignorant to me and if it's Harwoods Crawley by any chance they are aware of the issue as I know other customers who have complained.

OUT - Pure SD4, Orkney Grey, 5 dr, Manual, Fogs, Xenons, Auto dim mirror, Auto lights / wipers, Power fold mirrors, spare wheel.
IN - Dynamic SD4, Indus Silver, 5 dr, Auto, Heated Steering Wheel, Auto Dim mirror, Spare wheel.
(This post was last modified: 19-04-2013 06:28pm by Kojak.)
19-04-2013 06:22pm
cjfp

(19-04-2013 02:26pm)RacingSnake Wrote:  ^^^ interesting, then I guess there is no real way for us to know!

My version didnt change after i had software updates at the service in Jan, so i agree that there is no real way to check - still waiting to book mine in for this alarm fix

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
19-04-2013 06:59pm