Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 5 Average
6 Month Review
FFRR

RE: 6 Month Review

You cannot compare a RRE interior to a FFRR. They are aiming at completely different parts of the market. I don't think anybody could say the interior of a FFRR is poor in any sense - it's very hard to find anything cheap in mine. Although the sunroof controls are still BMW....

Having said that, the leather quality in the RRE from what I've seen is very good for a car of its class.
08-04-2012 12:36pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
durchy

Just had test drives in Evoque and Volvo XC60. Must admit, driving the Volvo was far superior, such a solid feel and quality of interior much better! Also, the Volvo had more space, better comfort and was so easy to drive. In the looks department the Volvo is easily the equal of the Evoque!
Will put in my order for XC60 as I could not believe pricewise it's actually cheaper, or at least on a par with the Evoque.
I know this is not a review as such, but reading the previous reviews, I got the feeling that once you've paid out a lot it's hard to admit you've made a mistake!
24-04-2012 08:19pm
Straydox

(24-04-2012 08:19pm)durchy Wrote:  Just had test drives in Evoque and Volvo XC60. Must admit, driving the Volvo was far superior, such a solid feel and quality of interior much better! Also, the Volvo had more space, better comfort and was so easy to drive. In the looks department the Volvo is easily the equal of the Evoque!
Will put in my order for XC60 as I could not believe pricewise it's actually cheaper, or at least on a par with the Evoque.
I know this is not a review as such, but reading the previous reviews, I got the feeling that once you've paid out a lot it's hard to admit you've made a mistake!

The Telegraph offers a balanced review of the XC60 here XC60 review

"Competent but dull drive" - "cramped for 6 footers in the back"

It's just another Volvo estateLaughing - a pig wearing lipstick is still a pig whichever way you look at it Very Happy

So you buy your XC60 and the new car novelty thing wears off after a few weeks - you have bought a pumped up estate car and everytime an RRE goes past a little voice in your head will say "should have bought one of those" and it won't be a good feeling either.

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
(This post was last modified: 24-04-2012 08:38pm by Straydox.)
24-04-2012 08:27pm
miller4isu

(24-04-2012 08:27pm)Straydox Wrote:  It's still a VolvoLaughing - a pig wearing lipstick is still a pig whichever way you look at it Very Happy

+1
24-04-2012 08:35pm
PhilSkill

(24-04-2012 08:19pm)durchy Wrote:  Just had test drives in Evoque and Volvo XC60. Must admit, driving the Volvo was far superior, such a solid feel and quality of interior much better! Also, the Volvo had more space, better comfort and was so easy to drive. In the looks department the Volvo is easily the equal of the Evoque!

Na, I test drove both as this was my main choices too, Volvo cheaper yes, but does not compare or have that specialness about it, nowt wrong with it that's for sure, and if you want a cheaper option and just want to lug the family around it's probably a better option, but it's nowhere close in looks or class.

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
24-04-2012 08:40pm
Evoqess

I smell a rat ... I mean, Volvo salesperson.
Of course all opinions are welcome here (as long as the Evoque is acknowledged as the finest SUV that has come to market ... in the history of mankind of course!)

Evoque fan who used to drive Shocked a Pure, Fuji, 19" style 4 alloys, heated everything, rear cam, power tailgate, pan roof, privacy glass etc
24-04-2012 08:47pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Which is better - an Indian car or a Chinese car?

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
24-04-2012 09:13pm
Straydox

(24-04-2012 09:13pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Which is better - an Indian car or a Chinese car?

Well India was once a British colony - and China wasn't. That's that sorted thenVery Happy

Delivered 15th May 2012, rejected and returned 4th Feb 2013 - SD4 5 door Prestige manual with a bucket full of rattles Mauritius Blue. Crazy Audi MY2020 RSQ3
24-04-2012 09:17pm
Jonathon555

Horses for courses, however i have also tested both cars.

I did not order the volvo, but it was a nice product,

But it was available with a big discount.

SD4 Arrived, Fuji , 20" style wheels, Privacy glass, Front fogs, Auto wiper and Auto Lights, Black leather

MY Nuburburing & Track Videos http://www.youtube.com/user/jonathon555?...sults_main
24-04-2012 09:44pm
flurberman

6 Month Review

(24-04-2012 08:19pm)durchy Wrote:  In the looks department the Volvo is easily the equal of the Evoque!

Hahahahahaha....are you serious? You can't compare the beautiful Evoque (winner of World Car Design of the Year) to a Volvo!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Orkney Grey, Si4 Dynamic Coupe with LUX pack, privacy glass, 20" shadow chrome wheels, heated steering wheel, adaptive xenons, TPMS & contrast panoramic roof.
24-04-2012 10:13pm