Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Blind Spot Monitoring System
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

RE: Blind Spot Monitoring System

I have the blindspot monitoring and TBH it isn't necessary with the huge wing mirrors correctly set

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
25-04-2012 09:50am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Michelle

I ordered a prestige so that i could have the BSM! not a possible option on the pure ( at least not in Switzerland) . It had better be worth it.

Ordered 8th march: SD4 Prestige auto, Fuji, panoramic roof, Cirrus/lunar interior, rear view camera, blind spot monitoring, Nav,heated front seats
Delivery: 6th December!
25-04-2012 01:06pm
speary

I love technology but the danger is that we come to rely on it too much. Even with BSM I would always do a shoulder check before moving left or right.
The problem I have with too many tech "safety" devices such as BSM, adaptive cruise, all round cameras, etc is that we will get lazy and loose the skill to recognise hazards by relying on this tech, which with the best will in the world is not 100% reliable. Take for example stability control systems, this is great but you should not rely on it to get you out of trouble, the problem is that people do. Stability control can make you feel like a great driver as most people wont even feel it saving them, this instills false confidence and when the car reaches the limits of physics the car will leave the road at a very great speed
Better driver training would render most of these devices as unnecassary and is a lot cheaper
sorry for going on a bit

Pure Coupe SD4 Manual; Fuji White; 19" style 5 wheels; Addaptive Xenons; Auto Lights, Wipers and Rear Mirror; Folding mirrors with cool puddle lights. Magnoflow Exhaust finishers
25-04-2012 01:19pm
Donny Dog

(25-04-2012 01:06pm)Michelle Wrote:  I ordered a prestige so that i could have the BSM!

Shocked Oh, sorry, I misread that as something else! Wink
25-04-2012 01:23pm