Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
2014 MY and LR website
cjking

RE: 2014 MY and LR website

(01-11-2013 09:42pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I'm having doubts about going for Ipanema

There is an Ipanema Evoque I used to walk past on the way to daughter's nursery, even though this is a colour (metallic light gold) I normally like on a car, I don't like it on the Evoque, it is a very light shade, possibly even looks silver from a distance. (Was a few months ago that I walked that way, so my memory may be unreliable.)

I'm thinking of getting a Pure. The Evoque has lots of black (bumpers, side skirts, pillars, etc) if you choose a dark colour, or grey, they tend to blend well with that. In that regard, I think black works best of all: normally a colour I would never choose, for practical reasons, however for some reason I have been seeing a lot of black ones recently, and they do look fantastic. I like the bright colours though, and in that case I think it makes sense to have a black contrast roof, as instead of a four-layer scheme (black wheels/bumpers/skirts, body-colour body, black windows/pillar, body colour roof) you get a simpler three-layer scheme where the body-colour is just a single layer in the middle. Also I think it makes the whole section above the waistline look separate, giving the car a sort of a convertible look. Don't know if that makes sense.

At the moment I'm plotting a Firenze red with black contrast roof. My second favourite would be a Mauritius blue with black roof, have only seen one of those for few seconds in real life, as it passed me going the opposite direction, it looked good, but it wasn't a long enough look for me to be sure. When I google photos I get a fair number of red-with-black roof that give me confidence I will like that, there aren't enough good photos of Mauirtius with black roof to have enough confidence about that.

Edit: not sure if side skirt is the right term above, I mean the strip of black along the sides between the wheels, the lines up with the black of the bumper. I think the Dynamic doesn't have them, or has much thinner ones, to complement its bumpers where the paint extends further down. I was originally disappointed that the Pure had so much black around the lower regions where most cars would be body-coloured, however I saw a red Dynamic from behind and thought that it looked a bit fat-bottomed (not necessarily a bad thing) and I now think that the thicker lay of black on the Pure can be turned into an asset, if you go for the black roof, as two thick bands of black create a sandwich with your chosen bright body colour in the middle, without their being to much of the bright colour. Mind you I haven't seen this in real life, just judging from pictures, so could be talking rubbish.

Edit 2: Just been back on the configurator, and confirmed that, for me, black contrast roof is a good option for a Pure in all bright colours, White, Silver, Ipanema, Red, Mauritius blue. Also looks good with Grey.
(This post was last modified: 02-11-2013 12:18pm by cjking.)
02-11-2013 11:45am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

Zanzibar is a colour that I like the look of, did not realise it was only available on the Coupe, though that is not an issue for me.

Followed a 63 plate Sport this week, lovely car and also a RR Vogue, with a white roof in a metallic bronze colour, that I don't believe is available on the RRE yet, it looked really good.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-11-2013 04:33pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

That metallic bronze is Havana or Nara both available as "standard" options - it could also be one of the £6k extra paint job colours

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-11-2013 04:39pm
Evo-king

I would say it was somewhat darker than the Ipanema version.

It was on a Belgian plate and I thought it looked a classy motor.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
02-11-2013 04:46pm
XFullFatTim

That sounds like Nara, no greyish tinge to it it's definitely Bronze with no mistaking it for anything except a light brown. It's actually been available on RRS/D4 and FFRR since 2010MY and is quite popular around these parts

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
02-11-2013 04:50pm
THEMACS

Change of plan, having had time to think about it properly, and given the dealer hasn't bothered getting back in touch, have decided to keep our current car line up for the next 6-12 months at least. Then I think we will keep the Evoque and I will change my car. So i have just requested the brochure for the New Alpina B3 Bi Turbo Very Happy 410hp, 0-62mph 4.2secs, 0-125mph 14secs and190mph Flat out Very Happy Oh and it comes in an estate!! Simples!!

Orkney Grey 5 Door Prestige, Manual SD4, Vibe Interior, Panoramic Roof and Privacy Glass. Order Placed 2/7/11 Picked Up 17/3/12, Gone 10/5/14
(This post was last modified: 04-11-2013 10:38pm by THEMACS.)
04-11-2013 10:35pm
The Valeter

(01-11-2013 11:34pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  New colours for 2014MY are Loire Blue instead of Baltic Blue, Zanzibar Bronze (only available on Coupes) - Colima Lime goes out of the colour chart too. No new greys like Causeway or Scotia Green

I like the Chile Red on the new Range Rover Sport, infact I like the new RRS lol.
Landrover seem a bit tight on the colour choice of the Evoque, you would think they would offer them all & keep it part of the Range Rover family. If they are going to leave things off from other Range Rover's then perhaps they should have done what I thaught the initial intention was & that was to call it a Landrover!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 05-11-2013 12:05am by The Valeter.)
05-11-2013 12:02am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
HEMMDJ

2014 MY and LR website

http://evoque.landrover.com

Came across the above website today, which I am sure you have all seen but does give some good images of the MY2014 evoque and some wheel images I haven't seen before. There is a MY14 evoque prestige floating around locally with the 20" alloys shown on the red dynamic - I must say I am not keen. They look a little aftermarket close up - prefer the black pack version or current 20". The revised mirrors do look a lot better though!

Also, call me cynical, but any agree with me that the delays over releasing brochures etc for MY2014 is so the LR can see what the pricing structure etc is for Porsche Mecan which I think is being released shortly at the LA Show.

http://evoque.landrover.com

Came across the above website today, which I am sure you have all seen but does give some good images of the MY2014 evoque and some wheel images I haven't seen before. There is a MY14 evoque prestige floating around locally with the 20" alloys shown on the red dynamic - I must say I am not keen. They look a little aftermarket close up - prefer the black pack version or current 20". The revised mirrors do look a lot better though!

Also, call me cynical, but any agree with me that the delays over releasing brochures etc for MY2014 is so the LR can see what the pricing structure etc is for Porsche Mecan which I think is being released shortly at the LA Show.

RR Evoque 2.2 SD Auto Fuji White
(This post was last modified: 07-11-2013 10:12am by HEMMDJ.)
07-11-2013 10:12am
Stadt Panzer

2014 MY and LR website

Popped into my dealer today and they handed me a small info brochure on MY14.

No use to most of you as it's all in German!!

Somewhere in the North Sea.
07-11-2013 05:49pm
XFullFatTim

So? You could translate it for us all to read in a free 5 minutes!

07-11-2013 07:55pm