Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Creaking Brakes on Evoque
mstraka

Creaking Brakes on Evoque

Since my Evoque was new, I've experienced a creaking sound coming from the brakes. The creaking (like a creaking door hinge) happens right before the vehicle stops and again happens upon releasing the brakes to start moving. Its most loud when slowly descending sand feathering the brakes. I first thought it was the pads and rotors bedding when they were new, but its now 3000 miles and the sound persists. Before I take it in to the dealership has anyone else experienced this issue?
06-12-2013 03:44pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

RE: Creaking Brakes on Evoque

I also have this on my automatic evoque - however it is the first auto that I've ever had and my father in law drives an auto merc which makes a similar noise. I just thought it was "brake grab" or something like that. Doesn't happen at any sort of speed but happens almost exactly the way you're describing it.
I'd be interested to see what your dealer makes of it.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
06-12-2013 05:22pm
Donny Dog

(06-12-2013 05:22pm)m_101 Wrote:  I also have this on my automatic evoque - however it is the first auto that I've ever had and my father in law drives an auto merc which makes a similar noise. I just thought it was "brake grab" or something like that. Doesn't happen at any sort of speed but happens almost exactly the way you're describing it.

I've got an auto Evoque and an auto Merc., and I agree - both do it occasionally. I don't drive the Merc. very often, and I always thought (maybe wrongly) it was just the pads easing off having seized a bit.

I get so many rattles, groans, and creaks with the Evoque that I've just got used to noises all the time!
06-12-2013 06:31pm
mstraka

(06-12-2013 05:22pm)m_101 Wrote:  I also have this on my automatic evoque - however it is the first auto that I've ever had and my father in law drives an auto merc which makes a similar noise. I just thought it was "brake grab" or something like that. Doesn't happen at any sort of speed but happens almost exactly the way you're describing it.

Dealer test drove the car and stated that the creaking is characteristic of the semi-metallic brake pads. Informed me that they did a brake inspection and everything checked out perfect, no abnormal wear to pads (4000 miles on my Evoque) and calipers tight. I may change to ceramic pads and see if the creaking goes away. At least the ceramic pads will limit the brake dust.
10-12-2013 05:42pm
m_101

Thanks for the update. I might do this too, when my pads need changing.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
10-12-2013 07:09pm