babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum
Can't connect phone via USB after service - Printable Version

+- babyRR.com - The Range Rover Evoque Forum (https://babyrr.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Range Rover Evoque Discussions (/Forum-Range-Rover-Evoque-Discussions)
+--- Forum: General (/Forum-General)
+--- Thread: Can't connect phone via USB after service (/Thread-Can-t-connect-phone-via-USB-after-service)

Can't connect phone via USB after service - JonnyA - 21-09-2014 08:47pm

Took my Evoque in for a service on Saturday, and noticed that there had been a software update after I spotted some minor visual changes to the sat nav etc.

I also noticed that my iPhone will no longer connect via USB, so I can't navigate my music via the interface on the main screen. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I know, it's about as first world a problem as it gets, but it's frustrating as it's the only tangible thing I have to show for my £350+ service.

RE: Can't connect phone via USB after service - markdartj - 25-09-2014 07:19am

(21-09-2014 08:47pm)JonnyA Wrote:  Took my Evoque in for a service on Saturday, and noticed that there had been a software update after I spotted some minor visual changes to the sat nav etc.

I also noticed that my iPhone will no longer connect via USB, so I can't navigate my music via the interface on the main screen. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I know, it's about as first world a problem as it gets, but it's frustrating as it's the only tangible thing I have to show for my £350+ service.

How about the Bluetooth connection? Does it work?

RE: Can't connect phone via USB after service - XFullFatTim - 25-09-2014 07:28am

Take the car back to the dealer and ask them to re-do the upgrade to the system, sounds like something may have gone wrong during the update. Just a thought - have you told the phone to forget the bluetooth connection and then set the phone to re-pair with the car - you may have to put the password in again.

RE: Can't connect phone via USB after service - RichardW66 - 25-09-2014 09:08am

Hi

Have you done an update on your iPhone? Recently Apple updates have made third party cables without MFI certification not work on the iPhone. Check your cable....

RE: Can't connect phone via USB after service - B_o_b_o - 25-09-2014 10:59am

I tend to connect via Bluetooth but USB is handy for topping up your battery, etc. I'd get back in touch with the dealer and check with them.