Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Can't connect phone via USB after service
JonnyA

Can't connect phone via USB after service

Took my Evoque in for a service on Saturday, and noticed that there had been a software update after I spotted some minor visual changes to the sat nav etc.

I also noticed that my iPhone will no longer connect via USB, so I can't navigate my music via the interface on the main screen. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I know, it's about as first world a problem as it gets, but it's frustrating as it's the only tangible thing I have to show for my £350+ service.
(This post was last modified: 21-09-2014 08:47pm by JonnyA.)
21-09-2014 08:47pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
markdartj

RE: Can't connect phone via USB after service

(21-09-2014 08:47pm)JonnyA Wrote:  Took my Evoque in for a service on Saturday, and noticed that there had been a software update after I spotted some minor visual changes to the sat nav etc.

I also noticed that my iPhone will no longer connect via USB, so I can't navigate my music via the interface on the main screen. Has anyone ever experienced anything like this? I know, it's about as first world a problem as it gets, but it's frustrating as it's the only tangible thing I have to show for my £350+ service.

How about the Bluetooth connection? Does it work?

2014 Fuji White Pure PremiumWink
25-09-2014 07:19am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Take the car back to the dealer and ask them to re-do the upgrade to the system, sounds like something may have gone wrong during the update. Just a thought - have you told the phone to forget the bluetooth connection and then set the phone to re-pair with the car - you may have to put the password in again.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 25-09-2014 07:32am by XFullFatTim.)
25-09-2014 07:28am
RichardW66

Hi

Have you done an update on your iPhone? Recently Apple updates have made third party cables without MFI certification not work on the iPhone. Check your cable....

MY13 TD4 Pure Manual ~ Tech Pack ~ Fuji White ~ Ebony Leather ~ Panoramic Roof ~ Xenons with LED Signature ~ Keyless Entry ~ Reversing Camera ~ Electric Heated Powerfold Mirrors ~ Auto-Dimming Mirror ~ Privacy Glass ~ Front Fog Lights ~ 20" Style 6 Wheels M+S Tyres ~ Twin Exhaust Pipes (like the SD4)
Ordered: 07/03/12 ~ Behind the wheel: 22/11/12
25-09-2014 09:08am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
B_o_b_o

I tend to connect via Bluetooth but USB is handy for topping up your battery, etc. I'd get back in touch with the dealer and check with them.
25-09-2014 10:59am