Paint Protection Systems?
MW73

RE: Paint Protection Systems?

Be a good trip though!!
13-09-2011 02:09pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
whizzer

Sealents can be very good - but you need to shop about -( lots of systems about some made by the same person for other )

Gtechniq
Autoglym
Nanolex
Cquartz
to name a few then there a some more systems like Zaino or you could use a quality wax

These systems depend on how you plan to look after your car as most expect you to use a shampoo made by the supplier to top up etc.

These systems need to be applied correctly and the cars paintwork needs to be prepped properly as well.

I know a little bit about these systems as its something i work with- I have several different versions on my cars as some things work better i.e one for paint - one for glass and one for wheel s
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2011 02:13pm by whizzer.)
13-09-2011 02:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Wel I opened the Gard-X briefcase this morning.......................... Halfords has nothing on this! Torch (lord know what for) Gerber Multitool (very nice) bottles of tyre dressing, leather protection, washing wax, treatment renovator 2 micro fleeces, micro fleece washing mitten and a few other things I cannot remember. I should have looked before as yesterday I brought new micro fleece cloths and a mitten from Halfords.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
13-09-2011 04:35pm
gead

(13-09-2011 02:03pm)mark_n Wrote:  Bit far for me to drive to Melbourne...

there's great coffee when you get here...Laughing

White 5 dr SD4 Dynamic.
13-09-2011 11:28pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sorry to dig up an old post but thought that those of you who, like me might be a bit sceptical about paint treatments, may be interested in a report from home.

My brother has taken my car out for a 40 mile run and reports that when he went to my house the car was quite dirty. He was surprised that after a 40 mile round trip in moderate rain the car is noticably cleaner than when he left. He is sufficently impressed that he is taking his 3 month old A5 convertable into the local treatment outlet to have the Audi treated. I haven't experienced this myself, just going on what he has reported back to me. He reckons that there is a very high silicon content in the g-technic stuff that seems to work.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
16-01-2012 04:45pm