Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wind Noise
WB
WB

RE: Wind Noise

(05-01-2012 04:46pm)Rattle-man Wrote:  ive been looking at theses issues for 3 years now

That's good to know and good to have you on the forum - welcome. Do you now why these issues have reached customer cars rather than being tackled pre-production? It would be useful to know if they are expected and within accepted tolerances or is it more of an on-going development that manufacturers have to deal with?

Thanks
WB
(This post was last modified: 05-01-2012 04:52pm by WB.)
05-01-2012 04:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rattle-man

Yes the problem is variation, not every car exhibits the same noises, we drive test 100% on test tracks, sample cars on motorway, likelyhood is these cars with some wind noise issues weren't sent on motorway, also if its rainning or windy the inspectors wont be able to make a call on these cars.

The improvements made are in place now, but its hard to say exactly what the root cause is for your car, i can just point you in the right direction, if the dealers struggle to fix issues they contact us
05-01-2012 04:59pm
lngrn36

UPDATE!!!!!!
Land Rover of Houston fixed my wind noise rattle! The replaced the door seals and we looked at the forum to get the part number called out earlier in this thread. I'm beyond happy. Feels like I just got a new car again! Yippee ki yay!
Surprised

(05-01-2012 01:51pm)Rattle-man Wrote:  it sounds like the mirror harness, grommet, there is a known issue, you may need to remove the wing mirror and check the harness is fitted correctly

Have you got instructions or video showing removal? I'll do it myself, thanks.

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2012 02:02am by lngrn36.)
05-01-2012 08:50pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rattle-man

(05-01-2012 08:50pm)lngrn36 Wrote:  Have you got instructions or video showing removal? I'll do it myself, thanks.

If your really want to, need to remove the door pad, 4 fixings screws, philips behind the door release handle, philips at the top rear end of the pad (use magnetic head or you may drop the screw) two TX 30 behind the door handle, flat head screw driver to remove the covers behind the handle.

Prize the pad off from the bottom to prevent damage and release all the clips, the top edge clip retain much more and the pad need a good hard tug to release from the top edge, dont pull the pad to far away without first releasing the door release cable from the pad, it may snap the coloured plastic retainer. disconnect all the harness and ur done.

You need to pull away the plastic cover around the window glass to reveal three screw for the wing mirror it should then come away. but you could ask the dealer to do this for you
06-01-2012 11:01am
lngrn36

I just left it at the dealer to resolve the wind issue. I will report back...

Tim
Evoque Coupe Pure+
SI4 - Auto
Sumatra Black - Ebony/Ebony
Climate package
Satellite Radio
23-01-2012 05:10pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Sounds like I have two issues to have sorted then, mine is one of the first customer cars.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
23-01-2012 05:46pm
WB
WB

(23-01-2012 05:46pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Sounds like I have two issues to have sorted then, mine is one of the first customer cars.

What's the other?
23-01-2012 05:46pm
slee18

My wind noise seems to eminate from near the puddle light. There is a nipple next to it. When I fold the mirror it goes away because the wing on the mirror blocks it. The passenger mirror doesn't have that nipple

Is there a fix for that?

12 Evoque Si4 (US) Galway Green Prestige ivory expresso interior
24-01-2012 04:31am
mark_n

if you are removing trim which is held in place by clips or press studs, it's much better to use a plastic pry tool to ease off the panel. This allows a much more controlled force to be applied, just enough to pop the clip where yanking it off may lead to something breaking. You can buy kits of these things for next to nothing on eBay or from car tool places.

Mark

Evoque was great, now in an RRS SVR
24-01-2012 07:09am