Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wind Noise
dspralph

RE: Wind Noise

(12-12-2011 11:42pm)bell-auto-services Wrote:  The wind seals you speak of have a part number of LR037064 and are about 4.90GBP per side for the front doors.

I got some in stock and started to fit some to my car today, though on closer inspection mine had the exact same shape and size seal fitted already from the factory and I have now since learned that it has a VIN Range: H600001-H616767.

Fitting .Doc below

Pete

My VIN is H621xxx, so does that mean I already have the new seals?
Thanks

Dynamic Coupe/Fuji White/Pursuit
Every single option available expect Rear Seat Entertainment
Order--09/28 ETA--12/08
13-12-2011 09:55pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bell-auto-services

I would have thought so.

TV/DVD-On-The-Move modules available from £145+ £10 UK mainland shipping Excluding higlands and Islands.
13-12-2011 11:37pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
DaveR

There's a couple of threads on wind noise so I thought I would resurect this one.
I am getting a bit of windnoise from the left hand side front above around 55mph.

I thought it may be from the mirrors so folded them whilst going along and no change to the noise. My other half was in the passenger seat so I asked her to have a listen and when she covered the tweeter on the door it became almost inaudible.

Ill get them to look at it when it goes for a service but I wonder if anyone else experiencing wind noise is getting it from the same place.
03-01-2012 12:07am
PhilSkill

(03-01-2012 12:07am)DaveR Wrote:  My other half was in the passenger seat so I asked her to have a listen and when she covered the tweeter on the door it became almost inaudible.

Maybe LR thought its so quiet in the cabin for safety they added wind noise through the audio system so you knew you were going fast! Wink

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
03-01-2012 12:36am
Coolbanana

Interesting about the noise being almost cancelled out by covering the tweeter...I posted about the same issue recently, noise coming from the junction of the roof and drivers door - defo not the mirrors.

Well, I installed roof rails last week and on the entire trip to Belgium and back the noise was gone! Could it have been air forced into the gap under the cover where the rails would connect? Noise from here could amplify through the pillar down to the tweeter I guess...

Car:Range Rover Sport 3.0SDV6 HSE - Orkney Grey, Almond interior and with lots of options
Bike:Ducati Monster 1100 EVO
03-01-2012 09:01am
Rattle-man

it sounds like the mirror harness, grommet, there is a known issue, you may need to remove the wing mirror and check the harness is fitted correctly
05-01-2012 01:51pm
WB
WB

(05-01-2012 01:51pm)Rattle-man Wrote:  it sounds like the mirror harness, grommet, there is a known issue, you may need to remove the wing mirror and check the harness is fitted correctly

Just seen your other posts - are you from LR? You seem very knowledgeable about these specific issues but if you were from LR I'd expect you to be telling us what the issue is then sending us in the direction of a dealer to fix it?
05-01-2012 02:08pm
Rattle-man

There is a grommet for the wing mirror harness, you can improve the wind noise in this area by taping it up and making a good seal there, just trying to help, dealers may not be aware of this. The door seal was also an issue on earlier cars.
05-01-2012 02:40pm
WB
WB

(05-01-2012 02:40pm)Rattle-man Wrote:  There is a grommet for the wing mirror harness, you can improve the wind noise in this area by taping it up and making a good seal there, just trying to help, dealers may not be aware of this. The door seal was also an issue on earlier cars.

Don't get me wrong it's very helpful information I was just curious as to how you have this info as the dealers are in many cases not as well informed.
05-01-2012 04:16pm
Rattle-man

ive been looking at theses issues for 3 years now
05-01-2012 04:46pm