Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK
preme123

Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK

Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK Specs.

I thought that it was forever standard! Just knew that the rear vents come with the rear seat enter pack! Whyyy? seriously whyyy? Only if I had knew i'd ordered the rear seat enter pack just to get the rear vents! (seems funny abit, not gonna use the rear screens but want the air cond for the rear passengers)

a bit disappointing, really want the rear vents! Is there a way to retrofit it or something?

thank youuu
19-07-2012 05:00pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cjfp

RE: Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK

Even those that do have rear vents says that they only blow cold and don't appear to be linked to the a/c.

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
19-07-2012 05:04pm
Ranger4

RE: Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK

I found this disappointing too, I really wanted rear air vents. It gives the rear passengers the option of cooler air if the car gets too stuffy....

5 door, SD4 Auto, Dynamic LUX, Orkney Grey, Verve Interior, Ebony Headlining, Privacy Glass, Spare Wheel......
19-07-2012 05:12pm
Bowl

I've been looking through the workshop manual in TOPIx and couldn't find any legit explanation as to why the rear vents come with RSE.

According to the layout, the vents are not even linked to the mainstream air distribution nor mentioned in the item description.

[Image: en_US.jpg]

Item Description
1 Passenger face level/side window register
2 Side window vent
3 Face level duct
4 Side window duct
5 Windshield duct
6 Windshield vent
7 Side window vent
8 Driver face level/side window register
9 Driver footwell duct
10 Instrument panel center register
11 Cabin air filter
12 Rear cabin RH (right-hand) duct
13 Rear cabin LH (left-hand) duct
14 Passenger footwell duct
15 Instrument panel center register

The climate control system with rear vents is referred to as "The higher specification climate control" and the rear vents are called "cool face option (for rear passengers)" - hence no heating

Quoted from Workshop Manual, 412-01 Climate Control - Heating and Ventilation - Overview

"...Two levels of heating and ventilation are available. Standard specification vehicles are fitted with a dual zone automatic system, which can provide different temperature settings for the LH (left-hand) and RH (right-hand) sides of the cabin. The dual zone system may also be fitted with a pollution sensor to control the quality of air in the cabin. The higher specification also offers a cool face option for rear passengers through the rear face vents fitted in the centre console.

The heater assembly for both systems is installed on the vehicle center line, between the instrument panel and the engine bulkhead as part of the cockpit assembly.

The ATC module controls operation of the blower motor via the blower motor control module, which is mounted on the bulkhead side of the heater assembly casing..."

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2012 10:44pm by Bowl.)
19-07-2012 10:40pm
Donny Dog

Aren't items 12 and 13 the rear ducts?
(This post was last modified: 20-07-2012 03:08pm by cjfp.)
20-07-2012 09:18am
smayo

Think I must be going mad.

When I first specced up mine at the dealers, the rear vents were an option, IIRC about £95, but then the RSE was a couple pf grand, which since I did not want the RSE then it was really asking over 2 grand for the rear vents.
However, i can't find the rear vents as an option now on the online configurator. Is this still an option?

Ordered 17/2/12 Dynamic SD4 Auto 5dr, Mauritius Blue, Pan roof, 20" style 6 (gloss black), Vortex, Ebony Headlining, Ent Pack, Heated St. Wheel, Homelink, Pr Glass, Auto Dim r.view mirror, spare wheel
20-07-2012 10:39am
invoke

WTF*

No wonder why my kids were complaining all winter about cold air coming from central console vents.

LR certainly have some basic standard issues. For the price of the car (paid), it's absolutely not worth it, unlesss it's a cheap car and dealers are keeping the big chunk of profit.

Black/Black Dynamic (with missing dynamic button), 4dr and a tailgate, stadium seats with butt warmer, extra large moon roof for kids clustrophobia, velcro surface card board floor mats, factory installed humming accessory and the famous "Wind noise-rattle package".
20-07-2012 11:15am
alibeau

I can't think about this for too long because I really do get quite miffed....

I ordered RSE and so have the vents, when I change my car in a couple of years time I do not intend to order RSE again and so to think that I may well be spending in excess of £45k for a car with no rear air vents gets me a bit mad....

And then I start to think about the ambient lighting which is also crap... and a couple of other niggles also raise their head. I ADORE my Evoque and at this point would intend to buy another as my next car but these niggles can surely only be down to cost cutting (?) which IMHO is not acceptable on a car with such a high price tag.... I wonder if the time will come when I no longer swoon at the beauty of the Evoque and that fact married up with the niggles will change my thoughts on my next purchase!?!? I hope by the time I decide to swop my current car my niggles will have been rectified....

Sorry for the rant!

Ali.

Black Dynamic Si4 - gone but not forgotten.
20-07-2012 12:05pm
Bowl

(20-07-2012 09:18am)Donny Dog Wrote:  Aren't items 12 and 13 the rear ducts?

Those are the ducts on the floor, under the front seats.

Evoque SD4 Coupé Dynamic, Fuji White, Santoriny Pano roof, Lux pack, RSE, style 8 wheels, along with everything else.
20-07-2012 11:41pm
David McCoullough

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy Smart man Bowl you have cleared up this issue. Good One , Thaks.
(20-07-2012 11:41pm)Bowl Wrote:  Those are the ducts on the floor, under the front seats.
27-08-2012 11:51pm