Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Parking Aid Alert
fam1x

Parking Aid Alert

Has there been a software update, Car was in with dealers, I had the TV/DVD on the move module fitted last week and now I get this message all the time when I put the car in Reverse. Tried the dispaly off to no avail can anyone help how to remove it please?

See picture attached

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
02-09-2012 12:53pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bruno787

RE: Parking Aid Alert

i dont have that. all i have is the rear camera activating everytime in reverse. are you referring to the topview graphic above ala-BMW? thats nice.

15 Maserati Quattroporte GTS
11 Mini John Cooper Works
12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic
02-09-2012 01:03pm
cjfp

Iirc this is the 'extras' that comes with the tv box that you have bought. There is a thread on this somewhere. If you push the rear cam button I assume that still works - does it go to this first every time even after having been to rear cam ?
Here - thread #82 onwards (page 9)

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Movie-hack
And also discussed here

http://babyrr.com/forum/Thread-Rear-came...ds-display

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2012 01:14pm by cjfp.)
02-09-2012 01:05pm
fam1x

The cam works fine in reverse, its when you take the car out of reverse that display comes up, in a way its pretty cool as it shows you how close you are to the car in front.

As I'm used to not seeing the display would prefer it turned off.

Thanks for the threads will have to read them : )

Pure SD4 Auto Black Tech pack, Pano roof, Powered tailgate, Dim rear view, Carpet mats & edging, Parking Assist Aid - Rear camera, Folding mirrors, Front Fogs, Auto Light, Rain sensor, Adaptive Xenons, Heated SW, Keyless entry and Privacy Glass arrived 13 Jan 12 Smile
02-09-2012 02:15pm
doug

So your saying that when in reverse you now don't see the rear view camera, but just the picture you posted.
With the "TV on the move" box fitted it should show the camera view first & by tapping the screen will then show the picture you posted. If this has now changed I would drop Pete a PM.

[Image: mini-graphics-vehicles-244162.gif] ABOVE AND BEYOND
RRE sold after 5 happy years. Jag F-Pace owner now
02-09-2012 02:30pm