Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK
Stadt Panzer

Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK

I do not have RSE but I do have the rear vents! The rear vents were an option on mine.

Somewhere in the North Sea.
28-08-2012 09:34am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BFGEvoqueMan

RE: Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK

(28-08-2012 09:34am)Stadt Panzer Wrote:  I do not have RSE but I do have the rear vents! The rear vents were an option on mine.

You can have them as a stnad alone option on LHD cars (certainly in Europe) but not UK spec RHD ones - I tried to order for mine and it was rejected by VISTA.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
28-08-2012 02:32pm
cjfp

RE: Why does the rear air vents have to come with the rear seat entertainment option? UK

+1 - but as they only appear to blow cold air from outside I'm glad I didn't end up with them !!

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-08-2012 06:04pm
Stadt Panzer

I got them for that very reason. In the winter the car will warm up fine but in the summer my son liked having cold air in the back. Can get rather stuffy back there!

28-08-2012 10:44pm
cjfp

Yes, but then you have the AC on cold and blowing into the rear via the vents under the seats - no?

Pure 3dr SD4 Tech Man ; Firenze Red ; 19" Style 3 ; Pano ; Ebony / Ivory Int ; Auto dim rear view ; 2 seats ; Park Aid - Rear cam ; Ext. folding mirrors ; Adap Xenon ; Fogs ; Mud Flaps ; Side Steps - Rec'd 28/12/11 - Sadly going 6/6/14 - Gone, now running BMW X6
28-08-2012 10:46pm
Stadt Panzer

They don't have the same effect under the seats. We had rear vents in our D3 & D4 and the kids loved them.

28-08-2012 10:48pm
cjfp

I'll take your word for it - unfortunately I can't test your theory as we seem to have bypassed summer over here this year! Laughing

28-08-2012 10:49pm
Stadt Panzer

Smile Smile

28-08-2012 10:51pm
Samson

Whilst I "might" understand why LHD Evoques have the rear vents and the UK RHD do not, does not quite add when you consider that Evoques for our friends down under have the option of rear air vents... they also get the option of roof rails, whereas we have order from dealers as an accessory. Then again they don't have the benefit of the Lux pack! Smile

Overall very confused by all these, in my view, unnecessary differences.

Arrived: Prestige SD4 Auto 5-Door, Barolo Black, Couture Interior, Style 5 Wheels, Lux Pack, Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Bi-Xenon Cornering Headlights w/ Auto Levelling, Privacy Glass, Heated Steering Wheel, Space Saver Spare Wheel, TPM System, Mud Flaps
01-09-2012 10:09pm
spif888

(01-09-2012 10:09pm)Samson Wrote:  Whilst I "might" understand why LHD Evoques have the rear vents and the UK RHD do not, does not quite add when you consider that Evoques for our friends down under have the option of rear air vents... they also get the option of roof rails, whereas we have order from dealers as an accessory. Then again they don't have the benefit of the Lux pack! Smile

Overall very confused by all these, in my view, unnecessary differences.

That's right. The rear vents are a $190 option downunder.

Sumatra Black 5 Door Pure auto TD4, 19 inch style 5 wheels, Tech Pack, Panoramic Roof and Ebony Interior with Ebony Headlining. Tinted windows & Tread Plates. Black Grille, Side Vents and Rear Trim
Collected: 31 January 2012
02-09-2012 10:18am