Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
stiggy

RE: What's wrong with yours?

After 20K miles no actual faults as such just a couple of niggles;
Fuel consumption, I know its a relatively large 4WD and weighs lots HOWEVER it would be nice if I could get somewhere even close to the quoted figures my overall average of 30MPG for an underpowered diesel lump is pretty disappointing ( I got close to this in my V8 S5 if I was being careful).
The quality of the plastic trims and panels (including external body panels) are very poor and all seem to scratch VERY easily.
And finally the damn huge wing mirrors have caused me more near misses at roundabouts and junctions than I care to recount.
Would I have anything else for the money- NO as IMHO its the best looking 4x4 by far and drives like a hot hatch.
As an all round family car tasked with (lots of) driving for business, dog carrying and jet ski towing duties I cant think of anything better and I have owned top of the range BMW, Audi and Merc's to compare it with.
One other point I have never owned a fault free car!

5 door Dynamic SD4, Orkney Grey, 20" shadow alloys, contast and pano roof, tints and 40 plus grand lighter!
14-10-2013 01:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chani1312

I had an Audi A5 3.0l Tdi Quattro, and the rear shelf would constantly rattle.

It was something to do with the B&O Subwoofer in the shelf.

Numerous times went to audi. and it just wouldn't get right.

In the end i sold it for an Audi RS5. Perfect, no glitches whatsoever.

I had a VW scirocco. The boot lid bolts would creak over bumps. Again back to VW and they sorted it.
Eventually swapped it for a scirocco R.

The boot was fine but the door cards would rattle at high speed.

All i am saying is there will always be niggles. If the factory build is not to the T, we unfortunate consumers will suffer.

By protocol, i just rang CS of both VW and Audi, and made a formal complaint, with the Scirocco VW rang the dealership directly and got them to give me a courtesy car for the week and while they had it made them order new door cards and fitted them.

If Land rover can't seem to help us customers, then there is an issue. No doubt there are laws in the UK which we can follow and pursue to give LR a kick up the backside. i were never good at law, a C at a level has not allowed me to remember the sales of goods act.

I do feel sorry for those who have had issues.

the new Mercedes GLA looks nice ( if you want an A class on steriods)
14-10-2013 03:31pm
Goodison09

Had mine two months just noticed today there are 8 moisture spots in the rear light lens
05-11-2013 08:35pm
BFGEvoqueMan

(05-11-2013 08:35pm)Goodison09 Wrote:  Had mine two months just noticed today there are 8 moisture spots in the rear light lens

Mine has had this since new. Hoped it would clear, but now the cold weather is back the moistures back. Went to the stealers today and they have ordered a new one which will be fitted next week.

5 Dr SD4 Dynamic Plus (220PS!)
- Santorini Black with Indus Silver Roof
- Plus Pack (Agility Pimento/Ebony Oxford Leather)
- 20" Style 7 Alloy Wheels, Adaptive Bi-Xenon's with high beam assist, Aero Flip Spolier
- Keyless Entry, Privacy Glass, Auto dipping Interior Mirror, 825W stereo
(This post was last modified: 06-11-2013 10:40am by BFGEvoqueMan.)
05-11-2013 08:53pm
ant

Had mine for 2years and 2 months. No issues up to last week.
Came back from States after being away 1 week and started her up. Drove off and noticed it was in LIMP mode - or Performance Reduced, whatever they call it. Basically it wouldn't go over 30 mph in D. Swiched to Command Shift mode and used the flappy paddles and got it up to 55 mph, but obviously something wrong.
Took it to the dealer, they investigated and replaced the EGR system. Took them 24 hrs as they had to order parts, but she's running fine now.Very Happy
Had a hire car from Enterprise. If I'd broken down the day before, I would have had a new Range Rover Sport and the day after they had a Jag XK I could have had. As it was, I had a Corsa for the day. No complaints though.Laughing

Anyone else had EGR problems?Question

ANT

Prestige, 5 dr, SD4 Auto, Firenze, Lux, Ambience, Adaptive Dynamics, (+other options).
Current cars: Evoque: 1972 Stag: 2008 C4 Grand Picasso x 2: 2004 Defender 110: LDV flatbed (for moving the Stag)
Gone: Aston Martin DB9Crying, RRS, FFRR x 5, Classic Minis x loads, 1987 Defender 110.
07-11-2013 06:13pm
Stevemac1

...finally the tailgate seems fixed, only took 6 months all in all...

However, the front end creak is going to get looked at by LR, seems they have had a couple of issues in Japan, but none in the UK until mine cropped up, and want to get an approved fix.
At least the car is (relatively) quiet now. Much more enjoyable and what I would have expected from day one!

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
08-11-2013 11:15am
gw76

24K, annoying squeak at low speed from rear wheel (i think)
horrendous petrol fuel consumption, still barely above 22mpg on mixed driving,
iffy handling at any speed on corners, dont think ive ever experience such under-steer
Repeated issue with smearing front wiperblades and vibrating/rubbing rear wiper
Odd headlight sensitivity, coming on and off at inappropriate moments
Iphone bluetooth issues- intermittent connectivity, duplicate file playing, and failure to recognise new added music
Tinny /distant microphone sound on bluetooth telephone
Failed touch sensitive passenger roof reading light
Stuck rubber door frame on cold days (frozen solid yesterday in frost)
Annoying water collection/guttering in drivers door frame
Poorly responsive touch screen (despite changing all the settings)
Odd SatNav system, again never encountered such a clunky user unfriendly dated system

2 year service next week. Will be waiting to see what Macan looks like in the flesh (not too fussed with the Kia styled rear headlights!)
09-11-2013 11:55pm
MartinP

Took my car to the dealers for them to take a look at a ‘creaking’ (when opened/closed) drivers door. This they rectified by adjusting the door bolts and all is fine again.
While the car was in they updated the audio software to eliminate the radio cut out issue and all is great since. The spill rail was also checked and given a clean bill of health. Finally the eco function software was updated but I have not had a chance to notice any differences there.
They also carried out a quick check on the vehicle condition and after 27k miles the tyres still have 5mm tread left, so they are wearing very well. Brakes - front 30% worn, rear 25% worn. Everything else as it should be.
Everything completed under warranty with me leaving as a very happy chap!

Retired! SD4 Manual, Prestige 5 door, Havana with Ambiance interior, plus lux pack and spare wheel.
Arrived! SD4 Auto, Autobiography 5 door, Kaikoura Stone with Tan interior, HUD/Solar glass, ACC, Lane Departure warning, Sign recognition plus spare wheel. Built 16 March. Collected 2 April.
[Image: 129200.png]
11-11-2013 06:57pm
PhilSkill

I had the Stop/Start Update at the service, it hadn't stopped once in 6 months! and it stopped the first traffic lights and every stop thereafter, was weird having it back!

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
11-11-2013 11:22pm
bethelbound

Three months, 9 thousand miles no issues going in for service this week.
12-11-2013 12:15am