Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
rchrdleigh

RE: What's wrong with yours?

I didn't intend to gloat, sorry if I upset anyone and I understand fully how frustrating it is to have a 'luxury' vehicle with major niggles/faults which the Dealer is unable/unwilling to resolve. I've had it in the past with many makes including BMW, Audi, Mini and Land Rover.

The very nature of any forum is that it tends to attract posts from those who have issues with whatever it is the forum covers. The majority of users of this forum are likely to experience no problem with their Evoque and are happy with it. Unfortunately there are also a significant number to whom that comment does not apply and I truly feel for them.

But going back to the original question - there is nothing wrong with all the Evoques I've had the use of.
13-10-2013 08:57pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
chani1312

Reading all these faults. I'm wondering if I have done the right thing ordering an Evoque. I hope the MY2014 models are built much better than the previous ones. Surely customer feedback would have been part of the 2014 model update to make it a better experience for the customers

Fingers crossed. Delivery end of November
13-10-2013 09:45pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Chani, how many forum posters have had serious issues and how many Evoques have been sold?
On here maybe 24 members with serious issues that they have reported and getting on for 200,000 cars sold...... I feel very sorry for those who have not had a great experience with the car, I have had some issues too but have been fortunate that they were rattles that could be cured or issues that could be fixed with a plug in to the dealership's computer or a new design of door seal. I have had far worse and much more annoying issues from Audis and Volvos and nightmares with Mercedes to the extent that in the case of Mercedes and Volvo I would never ever buy one again.
What I do find extremely frustrating to read on here time and time again are the same dealerships (usually in very large chains) who never seem to give decent customer service and worse, Land Rover doesn't seem to care that they give that bad service and continues to allow them to be franchisees

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 13-10-2013 10:51pm by XFullFatTim.)
13-10-2013 10:43pm
chani1312

I'm guessing most dealerships are franchised and have their own policies.

I have test drove a few evoques and was satisfied with the vehicle. With such a price tag on the car I can only expect quality. Rattles you get that in all cars. Even my rs5 and VW scirocco rattled.

All in all. I like range rovers and the evoque is a step for me to eventually work my way up to the big daddy vogue.
13-10-2013 11:37pm
fedup

(13-10-2013 10:43pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Chani, how many forum posters have had serious issues and how many Evoques have been sold?
On here maybe 24 members with serious issues that they have reported and getting on for 200,000 cars sold......

I have to call your figures into question. You can't compare the number of problem cars on this forum to the total number of cars sold. More accurate would be 24 seriously faulty vehicles out of 4,800 forum members (although how many are regular and how many of that 4,800 have actually bought an Evoque?). I would estimate there's actually only really a few hundred active forum members. Being generous, 24 out of 500 is still a significant number of vehicles with serious faults. Add all the vehicles with minor rattles and niggles and the percentage of sub-standard Evoques is far too high for a prestige marque.

Going by my experience, my advice to Chani is to reject the car at the slightest issue, as once you've driven away, you could be in for a whole lot of pain.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2013 09:07am by fedup.)
14-10-2013 09:04am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Fedup, in another thread you have posted that you have only used one LR dealership to put right problems with your car. You can take your car to any LR outlet to have issues sorted, have you tried a visit to Lookers Park Royal? Contact them and explain what has happened and ask them to have a look at he car. I have used Lookers Park Royal since 2007 for servicing/ warranty work and buying and selling.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2013 09:58am by XFullFatTim.)
14-10-2013 09:47am
fedup

(14-10-2013 09:47am)XFullFatTim Wrote:  Fedup, in another thread you have posted that you have only used one LR dealership to put right problems with your car.

Where did I say that?

In fact, Hunters in Guildford have also tried (and failed) on two occassions to repair my Evoque.
14-10-2013 11:05am
chani1312

lol. Im not sure why you guys are so passionate about all this.

If there is an issue with a car, it isn't hard to take it back to any land rover dealer and get them to rectify it. If they are no good at solving the issues there are certain protocols to follow. After all this you are unhappy and the car is not suited to you, sell it move on and buy another vehicle.
Either way, i am buying the evoque, i am pretty sure i will enjoy it and like it very much mine is costing me just over 50k.

Spec galore. The fact i am moving from (always) having a german car to british excites me. It is a risk, however i do believe ranger rover LV should live up to the price tag.

If not and it doesn't work out. on to the next car.
14-10-2013 11:39am
fedup

(14-10-2013 11:39am)chani1312 Wrote:  lol. Im not sure why you guys are so passionate about all this.

If there is an issue with a car, it isn't hard to take it back to any land rover dealer and get them to rectify it. If they are no good at solving the issues there are certain protocols to follow. After all this you are unhappy and the car is not suited to you, sell it move on and buy another vehicle.

What are the protocols?? I've searched Citizen's Advice, OFT etc., and it's all quite ambiguous. And Land Rover Customer Services really don't care. I'd be grateful if you have any links etc.

Whilst I agree about selling the car and moving on, I tried to sell it and couldn't (the noises in the cabin caused the two people who came to see it to decline making an offer, so I withdrew it from sale and took it back to the workshop again). I could PX it (I've been offered £28k for a car that cost £43k two years ago, which is quite galling), but then I'm footing the bill for Land Rover's failings which seems quite unfair. Furthermore, I feel slightly uncomfortable selling the car as the next owner will be unwittingly taking on all these problems.

Of course, my personal advice to you would be to avoid the Evoque, but please at least get on top of any issues very, very quickly - although hopefully you won't need to.
(This post was last modified: 14-10-2013 12:05pm by fedup.)
14-10-2013 12:02pm
rchrdleigh

Fedup;
I know you've said LRCS don't seem to care but have you tried contacting Pete@LandRover who is the LRCS rep on here. You can either contact in public or if you prefer send him a PM explaining what's wrong, how many times it's been back to a Dealer etc.
I suspect however that your decision to replace the Evoque with a BMW may well limit his room to maneouvre a bit.

In terms of rejecting the vehicle, I think you need to prove that it is not fit for purpose, that the faults were existing when you took delivery and that you have given the supplying Dealer a reasonable chance to rectify the faults. Your contract is with the supplying Dealer and not Land Rover and you would need to take up the possible rejection with the Dealer Principal.

Chani1312:
Over 200000 Evoque's have been sold and the majority have had no issues. Like any manufacturer there will sadly, for those who get them, always be vehicles that have problems and the very nature of a forum like this is that those with problems will post them, and quite rightly so. Sadly, there is little interest on this forum or any other for posts that say I've got the perfect vehicle, love it to bits and there is nothing wrong with it.
Enjoy the Evoque when you get it, enjoy the different driving style it will bring to you and hold the Dealers' feet to the fire at the first sign of any problems and keep them there until it's sorted to your satisfaction.
14-10-2013 12:39pm