Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
bethelbound

RE: What's wrong with yours?

5,000 miles no issues, my wife has one as well with 9,000 miles no issues either
04-10-2013 03:37pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
m_101

I've got a couple of rattles, mainly in door trims, and the centre console creaks or makes a cracking noise when going over speed bumps.
I have a weird issue where the system intermittently fails to recognise / activate the subwoofer, which resolves when I reset the sub level in the settings.
Also the leather on the seat bases looks worse than my volvo's seats did after 70k miles.
It's been in for the recall but nothing needed doing.
Oh and my tyre wear is abysmal - fronts are almost done (probably about 2.5mm left if that) after 15k miles, whereas the rears are hardly worn.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
04-10-2013 08:14pm
RacingSnake

I've probably got a new rattle now as I dropped a blasted screw behind the rear C pillar trim... I heard it fall down the inside of the bodywork Big Cry

Ordered: Fuji Dynamic Lux Coupe / style 7 wheels / Privacy glass / adaptive xenons / something else which I've forgotton.
Should be end of April (was March, then April, then end of May/June).
Collected, Friday 13th Shocked April 2012
04-10-2013 08:36pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Texrider

(04-10-2013 08:14pm)m_101 Wrote:  I've got a couple of rattles, mainly in door trims, and the centre console creaks or makes a cracking noise when going over speed bumps.
I have a weird issue where the system intermittently fails to recognise / activate the subwoofer, which resolves when I reset the sub level in the settings.
Also the leather on the seat bases looks worse than my volvo's seats did after 70k miles.
It's been in for the recall but nothing needed doing.
Oh and my tyre wear is abysmal - fronts are almost done (probably about 2.5mm left if that) after 15k miles, whereas the rears are hardly worn.

TBH is 15k poor? I fitted fronts to both my Audi a4 saloon and a3 cabriolet at 12 &14 k respectively
Could always swop the fronts to the back!
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 09:18pm by Texrider.)
04-10-2013 09:15pm
IvorRedOne

Hope I don't tempt fate here but absolutely nothing other than the whining noise when i see my fuel consumption only at 34mpg (diesel)
07-10-2013 09:40pm
Stevemac1

Well, a week and a half later and the car is still on the rampMad

Absolute shambles.

The latest one is when they went to refit the tailgate somebody noticed the body shop had painted the inside of the panel with the outside paint and not the matt finish it should have to match the plastic trim.....back it goes to the paint shop.

Not impressed with Parks.

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
09-10-2013 08:31am
Tony

(09-10-2013 08:31am)Stevemac1 Wrote:  Well, a week and a half later and the car is still on the rampMad

Absolute shambles.

The latest one is when they went to refit the tailgate somebody noticed the body shop had painted the inside of the panel with the outside paint and not the matt finish it should have to match the plastic trim.....back it goes to the paint shop.

Not impressed with Parks.

Oh dear!!. Mine goes to the dealer on Monday with a whole list of rattles including a creaky tailgate, however LRCS (Mike) is aware and promissed to contact the dealer to check on progress.

Attached is the list of faults.

Tony

Attached File(s)
.pdf  Evoque Faults list October 2013.pdf (Size: 807.46 KB / Downloads: 48)

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
09-10-2013 09:29am
tetstb

I can sum mine up by saying when I drive on anything other than a baby's bum, the rattles remind me of being in a 25 year old London taxi.

Brakes have squealed from about 10k and Pentland say its fair wear and tear now that pads and disks need replacing, the centre console plastics creak and groan but apart from that I'm pleased to say my Radio never cuts out which is just as well as I cant stand driving the car without it on as the rattles are too depressing.

Cheers

Bob

SD4 Auto Dynamic OG , Verve, Panoramic Roof, Chrome Shadow, 825w audio, Park Assist, Privacy Glass.

[Image: 123130.png]
09-10-2013 03:35pm
m_101

Tony, I also have got tailgate misalignment issues - mine appears to be way worse than that at the bottom catch. It is going in to the dealers on Monday as well so I think I too will send Mike a pm to see if he can have a word with them to make sure it gets sorted. I have rattles in exactly the same places on the doors as you do.

5 door MY12 Fuji Dynamic Plus with shadow chromes, santorini contrast roof, power tailgate and a couple of added rattles!
Mods - Black RR bonnet vents, Side steps, Silicone rear wiper, rear sill protector, rear sill plates, LED interior lighting conversion, 2014 Sat Nav update.
09-10-2013 04:31pm
Tony

(09-10-2013 04:31pm)m_101 Wrote:  Tony, I also have got tailgate misalignment issues - mine appears to be way worse than that at the bottom catch. It is going in to the dealers on Monday as well so I think I too will send Mike a pm to see if he can have a word with them to make sure it gets sorted. I have rattles in exactly the same places on the doors as you do.

When I originally sent the list and photos to Mike it was passed to Tech Support whos response (after prompting) 'unable to confirm any "known" problems/fix with the issues you have mentioned'. So were all of the Evoque development drivers deaf?. Sounds like a British Leyland type fob off to me, old habits die hard.

Well, whilst mine is being looked at on Monday I will be 300m down the road looking at a Q5 in the Audi dealers.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
09-10-2013 06:56pm