Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
What's wrong with yours?
Tony

RE: What's wrong with yours?

Battery and charging issues.
Rattles, too many to list.
Cheap plastic used for the interior, lack of development, poor assembly and total lack of QC.
The worst built car I have owned and I doubt LR give a fxxx!.

Tony

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
03-10-2013 09:47am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
The Valeter

I get that grind when pulling away now & again, sounds like you have just driven over glass - first couple of times I got out to look!!
Front suspension creaks over hups.
Tailgate creaks when closing sometimes, my Dynamic did this too.
When audio is on you get a vibration from above my head, have now tracked that to be the drivers window & now noticed it vibrates even when the audio is off so just with road vibrations.

Had my A pillars changed recently as I knew there was wind noise & at the Gaydon meet I looked at another & realised mine were lose!

Came Home On 02/03/13 Pure Tech In Barolo Black/Cirrus Trim with Bespoke Firenze Ascents + Numerous Factory Options!!
Also :-

Rover 25GSi - 2005 Everyday Car.
MG ZR-Express Van - 2005 Special Factory Order (Literally a one off).
MG Montego 2.0i - 1990 Shows/Sunny Days.
MG Metro 1300 - 1983 Being Restored!
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 10:18am by The Valeter.)
03-10-2013 10:10am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Soooooooo, big question - are LR trying to rush too many cars off the line and into the dealerships/ export compounds and not spending enough time checking each car on completion? Things like creaks and groans are not really QC items, more like design issues but paint defects and loose fitting should certainly be picked up with proper inspections as the cars come off the lines. Those who have been to the factory will know that most of the way along the line QC is computerised and it's only when the cars get toward the end of the line for final assembly that a human goes inside cars to install and check and also that many fittings are in pre-assembled modules from 3rd party suppliers some of whom are off site.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 10:25am by XFullFatTim.)
03-10-2013 10:25am
Yves_0016

SD4 Dynamic Auto: 6 months to the day and just over 15.000 km (= approx. 10.000 mls):

1 issue: alarm going of in my garage (mostly in the middel of the night!). Repared by dealer, took 2 visits (firt time they replace a piece which didn't solve the problem), 2nd time software update: solved.

For the rest: everything perfect, both car and dealer (2nd car at this dealer). Very happy.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 10:54am by Yves_0016.)
03-10-2013 10:52am
Mark^^

Mine has a few minor issue,

few trim rattles - slowly getting resolved;

bonnet has been bouncing around in wind - worse when a truck drives past, fixed once and second fix today;

cargo door lock failed and latch cover broke - fixed (now there are paint chips along the rim of the cargo door;

TFT screen was scratched on delivery, noticed a few days later and reported via email to dealer, no action yet but currently "in discussions"

wind noise at side of windscreen, new pillar covers on order.

Fuji White Dynamic SD4 – auto, with Energy interior and pano roof.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2013 12:23pm by Mark^^.)
03-10-2013 12:21pm
RVA

No build issues for me in 18 months, other than a door hinge screw that I've had to tighten a couple of times. I've posted previously about the reluctance of the transmission to downshift quickly enough, causing engine strain. I now often downshift with the paddle shifter at low speeds. This issue has been discussed in automotive magazines. It is a design issue, not a build issue.
03-10-2013 04:31pm
Stevemac1

Ah well, I am not alone... Seems to be plenty of Friday cars out there, maybe I got the one built after lunch on the last Friday of Feb, once everybody had been paid and been to the pub Laughing

It's a shame to ruin such a good looking car with poor build and QC, I think I see that familiar three pointed star on the horizon glinting at me again....

A slight aside, but whilst my car has been in the workshop (and hasn't emerged for a week!), I've been driving a brand new 5 door Dynamic loaner. Such a different experience! Quieter, not as crashy over potholes and ramps etc, the only difference I can see compared to my coupe is the tyres are Michelins, whereas mine are Conti's. Same size 20" wheels, just different rubber. Can the tyre brand really make such a huge difference, or is it more a 5 door/coupe thing? Do those extra doors change the interior dynamics?

Evoque SD4 Dynamic Coupe - Santorini black, 20" shadow cromes, privacy glass, pano roof. Cool complete with creaky tailgate and many rattles Mad
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 11:42am by Stevemac1.)
04-10-2013 11:29am
Tony

(04-10-2013 11:29am)Stevemac1 Wrote:  Ah well, I am not alone... Seems to be plenty of Friday cars out there, maybe I got the one built after lunch on the last Friday of Feb, once everybody had been paid and been to the pub Laughing

It's a shame to ruin such a good looking car with poor build and QC, I think I see that familiar three pointed star on the horizon glinting at me again....

A slight aside, but whilst my car has been in the workshop (and hasn't emerged for a week!), I've been driving a brand new 5 door Dynamic loaner. Such a different experience! Quieter, not as crashy over potholes and ramps etc, the only difference I can see compared to my coupe is the tyres are Michelins, whereas mine are Conti's. Same size 20" wheels, just different rubber. Can the tyre brand really make such a huge difference, or is it more a 5 door/coupe thing? Do those extra doors change the interior dynamics?

Maybe LR have four Fridays in each of their weeks!.

Evoque Dynamic SD4 Lux Auto Total Rubbish, worst car I have owned - GONE AT LAST!
04-10-2013 11:50am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Steve - Tyres, yes the make does make a difference. My car runs mostly on the OEM Contis. For winter I change to 19" Pirelli Ice and Snow tyres and tyre noise is significantly reduced on the Pirellis, don't know if it is the different tread pattern and softer compound the tyres are made from or if it is the higher sidewall of the 19" tyres. Mine is also a Dynamic Coupe but I'm soon changing it to a 5 door Dynamic and from the order form I see it will have Michelins too so it will be interesting to see if I notice any difference. It would also be interesting to know why LR seems to have stopped fitting Continentals as standard. I have been impressed by the lack of wear on my Contis, previous experience with them on RRS's was that they didn't wear well. The current set have now run some 18000 miles of the car's 22000 (the rest was on the winter tyres) and they have hardly any wear showing

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2013 12:16pm by XFullFatTim.)
04-10-2013 12:11pm
funguf

The back seats rattle when going over bumps, kinda annoying....and there is a paint defect just under the front O/S headlamp unit.

SD4 Pure Tech Manual, 5 Door, Fuji White with Black Contrast Roof, Black Grille/Vents/Mirror Caps, Pure Style Pack, Privacy Glass, Mud Flaps.
04-10-2013 02:03pm