Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
UK putting deposit this weekend 21/07 but I was told mar 2013 delivery...really
Tulabb

RE: UK putting deposit this weekend 21/07 but I was told mar 2013 delivery...really

Another question for u guys:

Your thoughts on park assist - worth having?

I was tempted but Iam worried it will be one of those things u will hardly use after a while. But saying that Iam a terrible at parking but majority of the time when we go out at the weekend my hubby drives. When Iam out myself I tend to park further away where there are more spaces anyway rather than squeeze into smaller spaces at the front of the stores.

We have already included the rear parking camera and front sensors in our order. Tried out the rear camera parking again yesterday and loved it.
22-07-2012 11:18am
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Evo-king

RE: UK putting deposit this weekend 21/07 but I was told mar 2013 delivery...really

I've been in one which had it fitted, my son was driving, it is brilliant, we considered it then weighed up how much parallel parking we did, hardly any, mainly out of town car parks now so ruled it out.

It depends on your use, also someone pointed out that it can get you in to a very tight parking space which manually steering out of could be quite entertaining.

Evoque No3: MY15 Dynamic Lux SD4, Auto, Santorini Black, Pimento Dynamic Plus Sports Seats, Ebony headlining, Pan Roof, Shadow Chrome Alloys.
22-07-2012 05:11pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I have it, have never used it as I never parallel park. It came as part of the Lux pack and I wouldn't order specially.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
22-07-2012 07:45pm
Tulabb

Think I agree with evo-king when we add up the amount of times we parallel park I don't think it would be something we would add now as majority of the times we park in car parks. Also with a car this size (driving a mini right now) we would opt to parking further out where there are plenty of spaces. It looks pretty cool tho when we watched the clips on YouTube.
22-07-2012 08:04pm
IKM

(22-07-2012 05:11pm)Evo-king Wrote:  It depends on your use, also someone pointed out that it can get you in to a very tight parking space which manually steering out of could be quite entertaining.
That's the very reason I didn't spec it.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
22-07-2012 09:05pm
Tulabb

Went back to the dealer today changed salesman = very happy with the new salesman

Also changed the interior to almond.

Been told they are expecting the car to be ready end of oct which is a little early for me...I expected delivery around mid/late nov. All going well so far providing there are no delays!!
28-07-2012 05:34pm