Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
UK putting deposit this weekend 21/07 but I was told mar 2013 delivery...really
Tulabb

RE: UK putting deposit this weekend 21/07 but I was told mar 2013 delivery...really

What..is this another sales tactic to get u to do as many add ons as possible!!

In that case I will have no choice to add it....grrrrr

Did u guys opt for the tech pack? I had to for the sat nav and parking sensors....the parking aid is essential for me.
19-07-2012 10:48pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Barton Evoque

RE: UK putting deposit this weekend 21/07 but I was told mar 2013 delivery...really

Yep tech pack order with mine.think auto lights and washer are a must.and front parking sensors.also many people say stand alone sat nav's don't get a gps signal.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
19-07-2012 10:52pm
Tulabb

I thought it was a little rubbish sat nav didn't come as a basic.

Just thinking back to the days when u buy a new car the essentials back then were power steering and air con - for me anyway! Laughing
19-07-2012 10:56pm
PhilSkill

Air-Con, that were luxury! electric windows were a top of the range option... Wink

MY12 Fuji Dynamic SD4 Manual, Pano Roof, Electric Tailgate with own Close module
[Image: 124529.png][Image: 1004887.png]
19-07-2012 11:00pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

And then you only got them on the front windows not the rears!

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
19-07-2012 11:02pm
Craig_d1

I'd go for the heated steering wheel too. Everyone laughed at me for getting it, and they all ate humble pie when they tried it in the winter....
19-07-2012 11:05pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Yes that one is really worthwhile on a cold morning, works well with the seat heaters. While you are at it order the electric tailgate, it is also a great thing to have. I think we are doing a pretty good job here of spending your money!LaughingLaughing

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 19-07-2012 11:24pm by XFullFatTim.)
19-07-2012 11:22pm
rvsvet

It is so easy to loose control of the purse strings when browsing the options list. Some of the reasoning I used when deciding how many of the options on my "want list" I actually bought is :
What options will be "must haves" not just for me, but for the majority of Evoque buyers and therefore make the car more marketable at resale time in a few years?
Will I derive year round benefit from an option, or will it be useful in limited circumstances
How difficult would it be to manage without an option (how difficult is it to close a tailgate manually? How difficult is it to use your finger to dip your headlights as oncoming traffic approaches)
Agree with most here that spare wheel is essential, no matter how close you live or work to a LR dealer or tyre fitter, you dont want to be caught out on a long distance trip with a side wall tear, because a can of goo can do nothing for this.
Finally, if an option ticks all the above boxes, can I justify paying LR's price for it. This approach is "the head ruling the heart" but I guess we all have differing priorities and budgets to consider when selecting options.

SD4 5 dr Dynamic Auto in OG with verve interior, Shadow Chrome style 7 alloys, Pano roof, privacy glass and spare wheel. Collected 25th May. 900 miles driven in 1st month.
20-07-2012 07:09am
Tulabb

(20-07-2012 07:09am)rvsvet Wrote:  It is so easy to loose control of the purse strings when browsing the options list. Some of the reasoning I used when deciding how many of the options on my "want list" I actually bought is :
What options will be "must haves" not just for me, but for the majority of Evoque buyers and therefore make the car more marketable at resale time in a few years?
Will I derive year round benefit from an option, or will it be useful in limited circumstances
How difficult would it be to manage without an option (how difficult is it to close a tailgate manually? How difficult is it to use your finger to dip your headlights as oncoming traffic approaches)
Agree with most here that spare wheel is essential, no matter how close you live or work to a LR dealer or tyre fitter, you dont want to be caught out on a long distance trip with a side wall tear, because a can of goo can do nothing for this.
Finally, if an option ticks all the above boxes, can I justify paying LR's price for it. This approach is "the head ruling the heart" but I guess we all have differing priorities and budgets to consider when selecting options.

Thanks - my thoughts were the same.

Not interested in the heated steering wheel but I will think about the wheel.

So many choice but yet Iam on a tight budget.
20-07-2012 08:02am
Tulabb

Finally ordered today...salesman gave me a banging headache at guy salmon. If if wasn't for the finance man taking over the negotiations I would have walked. Every time I tried to get something...eg discount on mats, mud flaps or petrol all I got back was "no" "no" "no".....he even had the cheek to say we don't need to do anything. In fact the only thing he did offer was a £200 experience day voucher....I thought that was given free with all sales and I told him that but he denied it!

Oh well cars ordered and I have been told end of nov delivery...think the excitements kinda gone after all that.

Came out of the showroom 3 hrs later with literally a headache. The finance guy was really good and sealed the deal for him....the salesman...well didn't even get a handshake when we left!!! Pretty pi**ed off if Iam honest...gona take a nap now...hopefully when I wake up I will feel more excited again!!
21-07-2012 06:02pm