Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 4 Average
UK putting deposit this weekend 21/07 but I was told mar 2013 delivery...really
Barton Evoque

RE: UK putting deposit this weekend 21/07 but I was told mar 2013 delivery...really

£500 for me.

Evoque My13 TD4 Pure.Orkney Grey with Tech Pack~Spare Wheel~Front Fogs~Privacy Glass~Ebony Interior~Mudflaps~Evoque Footrest~DVD Headrests~Towtrust Towbar.Collected 17th Sept. Very Happy
Also nicely modded Audi TT Roadster.
21-07-2012 08:05pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Tulabb

RE: UK putting deposit this weekend 21/07 but I was told mar 2013 delivery...really

(21-07-2012 08:00pm)cjfp Wrote:  Richard knight - nice guy, always gave me the info I asked for.

I got away with £500 deposit (as I have done again for my convertible deposit)

There waiting list was too long....I was quoted feb/mar next year.
21-07-2012 08:13pm
Griff449

I had to put down £1000

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
21-07-2012 08:34pm
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Craig_d1

Got away with £500, but I've bought from them before, so prob helped.
21-07-2012 08:39pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

I don't understand this "the waiting list is too long" - some of us here waited 2 years to get our Evoques and some even now almost a year into production are waiting 6 months because the car is still so much in demand that there is a queue for factory builds. You know when you go to the dealership that they can supply cars at very short notice from stock if you are prepared to take what they have in the showroom, but any Land Rover will have a minimum wait of 3 months lead in time for a factory build, it's been like that for years, they are not a Ford and cannot afford to have fields full of unsold cars lying around waiting for buyers like Renault or BMW or Audi or Ford etc so you can have an car instantly. If you want a factory ordered car then you have to put up with a wait, it's really quite simple! We know that 80% of production is for export and that there are too many people in the UK ordering the remaining 20% - even a price rise recently didn't reduce the numbers prepared to wait patiently in line for their cars.

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 10:21am by XFullFatTim.)
21-07-2012 09:45pm
IKM

Tim's spot on. I nearly changed my order to a RRS last year and was advised that I'd have to wait 3 months from order to delivery.

Arrived 16 December 2011: Prestige SD4 auto 5dr in OG with Adaptive Dynamics, Adaptive Xenons, Surround Cameras, Auto Dimming Rearview, Grey Oak Wood, Spare Wheel and Powered Tailgate.

Joining 2010 Freelander XS Td4e in Stornoway Grey (we like Grey!)
21-07-2012 10:24pm
Kentboy

(21-07-2012 09:45pm)XFullFatTim Wrote:  I don't understand this "the waiting list is too long" - some of us here waited 2 years to get our Evoques and some even now almost a year into production are waiting 6 months because the car is still so much in demand that there is a queue for factory builds. You know when you go to the dealership that they can supply cars at very short notice from stock if you are prepared to take what they have in the showroom, but any Land Rover will have a minimum wait of 3 months lead in time for a factory build, it's been like that for years, they are not a Ford and cannot afford to have fields full of unsold cars lying around waiting for buyers like Renault or BMW or Audi or Ford etc so you can have an car instantly. If you want a factory ordered car then you have to put up with a wait, it's really quite simple! We know that 80% of production is for export and that there are too many people in the UK ordering the remaining 20% - evening a price rise didn't reduce the numbers perpared to wait patiently in line for their cars.

I wouldn't lump BMW into the same bracket as Ford, I have had many new BMW's and always had to wait for it to be built to order. Don't think BMW store them in a field!

Evoque Prestige SD4, Barolo Black contrast white roof, Ambiance Upholstery with Figured Macassar wood insert, Privecy glass, Lux Pack, 20" Style 6 Alloys, Spare Wheel. Ordered 10th March estimated completion date 6th July.
22-07-2012 09:37am
Tulabb

(22-07-2012 09:37am)Kentboy Wrote:  I wouldn't lump BMW into the same bracket as Ford, I have had many new BMW's and always had to wait for it to be built to order. Don't think BMW store them in a field!

Laughing agree....I wouldn't even put BMW in the same category as ford! Rolling Eyes
22-07-2012 09:49am
Griff449

Don't recall either of my two Focus RS being called forward from a field £31,000 and a six month wait was called for......... Agree major production models across most are built and stored though. Just not every single model though!

Had a Pure TD4, Fuji White - now have Dynamic SD4, Fuji White 9 Speed auto with Verve Interior - let the new project begin!
22-07-2012 09:59am
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Ok BMW and Audi don't store cars in fields, they store on rail wagons in Hungry and Austria - travel across Europe and you see hundreds of TTs and 1Series on trains in rail sidings

Looks like I'll have to re-teach my iPad how to spell/grammar check as well.........

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2012 10:24am by XFullFatTim.)
22-07-2012 10:16am