Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Time to go
Nowaytk

Time to go

Tuesday, looks like I will be saying goodbye to what has been a really great car as the new one has arrived Very Happy
Thought I'd list some likes and dislikes,
Likes-
The looks ( I still have to look back at it as I walk away Laughing )
The pano ( think I've only closed it a couple of times )
Auto boot ( no more dirty hands closing that bad boy )
The meridian ( awesome sound )
The handling ( especially in dynamic mode Twisted Evil )
The looks ( I know I've already said that but wouldn't you say it twice Laughing )
Dislikes-
The 6 speed box ( why dont It change until 1800 rpm, feels like I've got to constantly change up to get a more relaxed, quieter drive )
The 4 pot derv when cold ( at its least refined, not very Range Rover like. If they could shoe horn the V6 in it, then it would be a different story )
The auto wipers ( total mind of their own )
Can't think of a lot more, if my circumstances hadn't of changed doubt I would be changing.
Hope to be looking back in on what has been a really great forum from time to time, just to see what's been going on in evoque land and hopefully making it to any meets etc

evoque now gone, but not forgotten, on to bigger and better things
13-01-2015 05:52pm
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Devonian

RE: Time to go

(13-01-2015 05:52pm)Nowaytk Wrote:  Tuesday, looks like I will be saying goodbye to what has been a really great car as the new one has arrived Very Happy
Thought I'd list some likes and dislikes,
Likes-
The looks ( I still have to look back at it as I walk away Laughing )
The pano ( think I've only closed it a couple of times )
Auto boot ( no more dirty hands closing that bad boy )
The meridian ( awesome sound )
The handling ( especially in dynamic mode Twisted Evil )
The looks ( I know I've already said that but wouldn't you say it twice Laughing )
Dislikes-
The 6 speed box ( why dont It change until 1800 rpm, feels like I've got to constantly change up to get a more relaxed, quieter drive )
The 4 pot derv when cold ( at its least refined, not very Range Rover like. If they could shoe horn the V6 in it, then it would be a different story )
The auto wipers ( total mind of their own )
Can't think of a lot more, if my circumstances hadn't of changed doubt I would be changing.
Hope to be looking back in on what has been a really great forum from time to time, just to see what's been going on in evoque land and hopefully making it to any meets etc

What have you gone for next?

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
13-01-2015 05:58pm
Nowaytk

Needed the bigger boot space and the bigger engine Twisted Evil and as I wanted to stay with the brand, took the plung and went for a HSE sport in scotia grey

13-01-2015 07:26pm
Devonian

(13-01-2015 07:26pm)Nowaytk Wrote:  Needed the bigger boot space and the bigger engine Twisted Evil and as I wanted to stay with the brand, took the plung and went for a HSE sport in scotia grey

Good call. I'll need a pay rise to afford a Sport but I think they're great.

2012-2014: Dynamic SD4 Auto Lux Coupe. Santorini Black, Style 7 20" Shadow wheels, Privacy Glass, Adaptive Xenons, High Beam Assist, Solar Attenuating Glass and black Dynamic Plus pack. Sold back to Land Rover due to many build quality issues.
On order: Corris Grey Dynamic SD4 5 door, black contrast pan roof, blind spot indicators, Intelligence Pack, Head Up Display, Solar Glass, 825W Stereo and powered tailgate.
13-01-2015 10:40pm
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Scotia is a lovely colour, my 1st RRS was a similar shade except it was then called Giverny Green!
[Image: normal_DSCF1005.JPG]
[Image: normal_DSCF0998.JPG]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
(This post was last modified: 14-01-2015 07:25am by XFullFatTim.)
14-01-2015 07:20am
Nowaytk

I've found that on a dull day it looks more grey than green, but in bright sunshine the green does come out. I did take a couple of photos at the bodywork garage and I assume it's because of my phone, as it does look a lot mor green than grey but it was more grey than green in real life.
[Image: 66a84eb4716cf0918482042699a93ae6.jpg]
[Image: 9291d9d66957e0af0139ab914d3f7fe2.jpg]
[Image: e7d2c76092b1b772e8920369eab7ee81.jpg]

14-01-2015 08:23am
XFullFatTim
Bat wielding forum enforcer

Pity that LR hasn't given the option of the Aspen interior that I had on that RRS
[Image: normal_DSCF1008.JPG]

A Pangea Green New Defender 110 First Edition is now sitting on my drive alongside British Racing Green Electric Mini Cooper SE Level 3. After 21 years in my hands my TDI300 90 was handed on to the next custodian on 15 July 2022.
14-01-2015 09:13am
Chrisr1806

You'll love it, it's better in every way than the Evoque and Freelander. I'm still smitten with mine after 10 months, and no real problems at all.

Tempted to order a 110 Defender and have a new Sport in March 2016. Twisted Evil

Arrived: MY14.5 RRS HSE SDV6 in Loire Blue, Ivory interior, piano black trim, privacy glass,
panoramic sunroof, tow bar, mudflaps and full size spare Cool

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 Freelander 2 SD4 HSE in Santorini Black, 19" Alloys, ebony interior,
piano black trim & grab handles, privacy glass, lux pack, rear spoiler, mudflaps and tow bar Very Happy
14-01-2015 12:35pm
Devonian

I know it's a bit of a safe choice but I love these in black. They look really mean.

It's amazing how much the interior has changed since Tim's old one. I guess the price is rather more chunky now so it should be more plush inside! LR are definitely moving in the right direction on the whole.

Congrats on the new car - it looks great in that colour.

14-01-2015 07:22pm
Nowaytk

Thanks for the comments guys, I'll post some more pics after Tuesday
Chris, funny old world, passed dealers today between jobs and ended up taking a 110 out for a test drive to see what there're like as thinking of a 110 hard top for work ( don't need off road ability for work but they do look good as a work vehical) forgotten how bad the turning circle is, I think it's Tims fault for posting the one he's getting Laughing forgot how many times I bashed my elbow, but still not a bad drive even at 70 on the motorway

14-01-2015 09:03pm